PS3 or Wii?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by VitalOne, Sep 7, 2006.

?

PS3 or Wii?

1. PS3

17 vote(s)
    35.4%
  2. Wii

31 vote(s)
    64.6%
  1. VitalOne Banned Banned

Which one will you get, which one will win the competition, will Nintendo really make a come back??

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

What is Wii?

As for console gaming.. I don't really care. The only times I had fun with console gaming are:

a) NES as a kid
    b) Metal Gear Solid 2 for PS2
    c) Halo 1. This was probably the most fun ever. In a dorm room with 8 people LANing... great fun

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. PS3 - no contest. I have a medical condition. I physically need to play MGS4 - Guns Of The Patriots or I might possibly die.

It's a rare condition. Incurable. All financial contributions towards my treatment gratefully accepted...

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Wii, definitly. Costs tons less than PS3 at $200 vs $600+ and will have tons more games at launch, not to mention the gameplay will be unlike any other console with it's motion sensor controller. Grab the controller and use it like a gun for shooter games.. grip it as a sword and swing around for samurai games.. swing it like a baseball, golf club, tennis racket for their sports games.

It's amazing! It's bringing console gaming back rather than trying to be wannabe computers like the Xbox 360 and PS3. If you want a console, go Nintendo, if you want a wannabe PC that can't keep up, go for the others.

The PS3 is just having way too many problems. Core cell issues, companies cancelling their contracts with em, now we find out you won't even get basic cables for the friggin' thing without having to shell out more money. Such a disappointment.

http://www.watchwii.com/page_all_vids.html

- N

8. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

9. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

Neildo,

The ps3 controllers have motion sensors and gyroscopes too. The software can sense and map its coordinates in 3 dimensions.

10. VitalOne Banned Banned

The only real downside to PS3 is the price....and the only real upside to Wii is the price....

11. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

Well, if you remember correctly, the first Playstation ever cost $600 when it first came out. I think the PS2 cost about $300. But if you wait a year or so, I'm sure the price will drop substantially.

The main reason it's so expensive is because of the Blue Ray drive. The prices will go down.

12. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Also you have to consider the supply/demand issues with the new-release of anything.

If 500,000 persons want 500,000 PS3s... but Sony can only produce 300,000 for the demand at the time, well prices are going up.

Just wait it out.

13. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

What is the difference between PS3 and PS2? I can see a lot of improvement from Gamecube to Wii, but not much from PS2 to PS3....

14. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

i want the wii, seems more interesting. but for the mean time im happy with my 360

15. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

nothing can beat my pc.

the day of the console is over, in my opinion.

16. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

now the ps3 wont be out in europe untill AFTER christmas, fucking useless sony

17. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Sony is just trying to protect Europe as long as it can from their crap.

18. sderenzi Banned Banned

I picked the PlayStation 3. It's a more interesting thing, and so what if it is a wannabe PC. I mean I can't afford a good one anyway.

AS for Nintendo, well... The fact they'll offer older NES games and stuff for download and charge, it's kinda sickening. Let's face facts.. I pay someone to develop a game, when they die it shouldn't be under copyright anymore, that's just how it should be. It's ridiculious to copyright something beyond the original authors lifetime.

I'd rather download ROMs online then pay Nintendo for something they all but forgot.

19. VitalOne Banned Banned

^Exactly, The Wii is really nothing special except for a special controller. The graphics are only slightly improved compared to GameCube. The controller isn't anything new lots of people have tried this type of thing in the past. The remote thing is ridiculous it seems like it will be difficult for some people to get a hang of it.

Wii is a gimmick like the Game Boy Advanced SP, throw in some minor new features, and call it something new

PS3 is soooo cutting-edge, the games will be in HD Quality, like damn, the controllers will now all be wireless with a USB charger cord that connects to the PS3, it has a 20/60GB

The only downside to the PS3 is the price, if the PS3 price was the same as the Wii everyone would pick the PS3

20. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

You could easily build a beast of a pc for the price of a ps3.
    - toms hardware - - geek limit -

edit (oops, forgot what the thread was about) -

I'm going for a Wii first, because of the price mainly. It looks like fun and I'm sure it'll keep me entertained. If I want lots of blood, shooting, etc, I have my pc.

In the future, when the price goes down I'll get a ps3 as well, but there's no way I'm paying full whack at the launch date. First gen playstations always have problems. Nintendo seem a lot better at getting it right first time and delivering the goods in regard to games, dates, etc.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2006
  21. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

It won't be anything like the Wii's.

- N

22. Blackrain Registered Senior Member

Here's the facts. During E3 this year the WII was awarded the best new console. The line at E3 to try the WII was 4 hours long. The line to play the PS3 However were only 30 minutes long. And once they compared the PS3 to the XBOX, the graphics looked almost identical. But since I'm a true gamer I'll buy both. But I'll definately get the WII first.

23. phlogistician Banned Banned

Surely it has to be the Wii. For two reasons;

One, you can actually go buy one soon.
    Two, the hardware blurb refers to a 'nunchuck' controller. I bet you don't get nunchucks with any other platform!