Is there a way to find out your own telephone number?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by alexb123, Sep 6, 2006.

1. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

I have just moved and I have a telephone but I do not know the telephone number. I call my mobile from it but the number is private. It's a British Telecom phone any ideas how I get the number?

Cheers

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Roman Banned Banned

Isn't it usually the last telephone number you had?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

Ive never had a landline before. I think the number is from the previous owner and they have not cut it off and replaced it with my new number. I was told I have to wait a week while they get permission from the previous owner even tho they knew they wouldn't be able to contact her.

I really need the phone tommorow and I am worried if I call them and ask them whats happening they might disconnect the line and make me wait another week.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

I forget, but it's something like *85.. but not, for it to playback your own number. I'll go find out.

- N

8. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

or just call the phone company

9. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

you call BT of course

150 will give you the necc. options, but if the account is in the previous owners name, they will most likely ask you if you wish to keep their old number or set you up with a new one.

10. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

It might be written on the master phone socket, or if they left their phone, check the bottom side. You could do 1471, phone whoever last called and ask them to tell you the number.

Or you could try the estate agents/rental agency or whoever was dealing with the house. They'd probably tell you, especially if you did a "haha, i'm realllly stupid and i lost the only bit of paper I wrote the number on" spiel.

Do you know the full name of the previous owner?

11. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

Lol Thinking about it I should have a copy of their phone bill. I used it to cancel their account.

Cheers for the advice