Can You Dump A Friend?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by sderenzi, Sep 5, 2006.

?

Can You Dump A Friend?

1. Yes; It is the same as with a girlfriend/boyfriend

9 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. No; If someone says they're dumping you it means they were dating you / liked you

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Maybe

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. sderenzi Banned Banned

Here is the question. That woman I was interested (Carmen) seems to want to be friends. While this is something she wants for me it's just asking to much, especially when she confides in me about other men she's interested in or the like. She called me last night and said the note I'd given her made it sound like I was dumping her. Thus begs the question, how can you dump a friend? Isn't it only possible to dump someone you're dating? So is she using the proper term or should she be saying "You don't wanna be friends anymore?"

In my opinion you can't dump a friend, it's impossible unless you're dating them. Friends don't have agreements to continue their relationships into eternity, nor do they require them.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

Of course you can!

I've even done it before. I told the girl, who was also my ex-girlfiend very seriously and frankly on AIM. She was just getting ready to blabber on about her problems with her current boyfriend and I told her that I wouldn't be able to talk to her about her boyfriend... and that I thought our relationship (friendship) wasn't working. I explained that I didn't hate her and I didn't want to be enemies. I told her that I just didn't want to listen to her anymore and that our relationship was too one-sided. She was all take, take, take, and I was all give, give, give. Of course, she called me and started crying, just like a normal relationship breakup. Saying stuff like she wanted to make thing right and going through all of the stuff women do to prevent you from breaking up with them. Of course, I knew the only reason she was doing this was so I would still be available as someone she could talk to and bitch about her problems and boyfriends. She simply didn't know or understand how transparent she was to me.

I told her I would like to still be friendly, but I wouldn't be able to talk about her problems anymore or whomever she happened to be fucking. I told her frankly that I just don't give a shit about it anymore. Of course she didn't take it well, because that's all I was to her. An emotional tool, an emotional release. But it was nothing to me, so dumping her was easy. It seems to be similar scenario to you too, sderenzi. She probably has told you that you are very intelligent and a very good listener and sensitive guy, right?

The key to dumping her (friendship) is showing indifference. You can still be nice and smile and be chit-chatty. But when she wants to confide in you, and tell you something about the guy she's fucking, just politely tell her that you don't care and that you're not interested. Once you refuse to be her tool, her interest in you will wane. She might grow to hate you, or not, depending on how you play it. If you're still nice, but you refuse to give her what she wants, she might even gain some respect for you. And, that's what you want.

But yeah man. Don't let their meek exterior fool you. Women are as ruthlessly selfish as anyone. Don't be a tool. You can do it man. You can dump her.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. leopold Valued Senior Member

this woman 'loves' you about as much as she loves the plague or leprosy.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kat9Lives Registered Senior Member

YES,i think you can dump a friend.

8. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

How can you dump a friend? without fisting him?

9. Genji Registered Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I would NEVER dump Muslim as a friend! And I would attempt fisting him. On second thought a string of beads stuffed up in that warm manbody and yanked out at the perfect moment might be more tasteful.

10. nicholas1M7 Banned Banned

You gotta make sure you stick the fist in deep though. You don't wanna know what happened to muslim last time he dumped a friend without fisting.

11. nicholas1M7 Banned Banned

You and Genji make a cute couple.

12. Genji Registered Senior Member

Now THAT makes me tingle all over. Even my dirty parts!

13. Sderenzi? You're not friends in the first place - you never were. You fancied the pants off the woman, she knew it enough to make your acquaintance work to a certain degree of advantage for herself. In truth, so too did you equally.

You can call this a friendship if you wish. However friendship, as with all forms of relationship which endure, leaves neither party with any such actual choice in the matter.

Should you truly have a choice, what you have is an acquaintanceship with the woman in question, not a real friendship.

You must do, therefore, as you see fit and as your conscience dictates. Though, personally, I'm somewhat drawn to the fisting scenario...

Hey. Fisting. It's what they invented Moist Wipes for. Don't knock it.

14. sderenzi Banned Banned

Wow you're so right! This is really creepy how right you guys are. Aside from this weird fisting thing Muslim always brings up the facts are so alike to the other posts I am somewhat at odds with myself. You are correct, her an I are acquaintances, and the relationship was a little (more then that) one sided. She did blabber to me about her boyfriends, the men she was fucking LOL This is nuts how right you guys are...

15. Well, it does say Intelligent Community somewhere on the door y'know...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. sderenzi Banned Banned

This is the final message I sent to Carmen's Cell Phone, what do ya think?

Lauroli. Let me explain abit more as to my actual reasons for not being able to only be a friend. Initially I found you enticing, indeed an unexpected pleasure. As I grew to know you it became clear you were having troubles, so I naturally felt compelled to see if perhaps there might be the makings of a friendship. Unfortunately I find that while your company is quite fun, I myself am a hopeless romantic an would eventually have done something to cause you trouble. I'll always be a friend, just not one that's in your life I'm afraid. Take care and we'll see eachother around.

17. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

18. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

By saying "leave me alone", "fuck off", "piss off", or simply ignoring them until they leave you alone.

19. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

If they're worth dumping, they're not friends.