Free music site?

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by MewSkitty, Sep 5, 2006.

1. MewSkitty Sciforums.com sucks! Registered Senior Member

I have been hearing on the radio about a site that lets you download music 100% free, all you have to do is watch advertisements while it downloads. They don't give a site address on the advertisemnets, so dose anyone here know where to find the site?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

Vivendi Universal will be doing Spiralfrog http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/5294842.stm

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. MewSkitty Sciforums.com sucks! Registered Senior Member

I have to wait until December before it's out, I need a song now! I need to get the song "That's My Job" by Conway Twitty. One of my close friend requested that song. He wants to play it at his dad's funeral. He's not very good with computers and the internet so he dosen't know how to find and download it. He asked me to get the song for him, but the site I download music from dosen't have it, and I can't join sites that I have to pay for because no one in my family has a credit card. I don't know what to do.

8. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

Direct him to the site and get him to use his credit card.

9. MewSkitty Sciforums.com sucks! Registered Senior Member

His family dosen't use credit cards online, they don't think it's safe. I would willingly pay a $15 membership fee to get that one song for him, but no one in my family has good enough credit to get a credit card. =/ I'm out of ideas.

10. RubiksMaster Real eyes realize real lies Registered Senior Member

If you can pay a $15 membership fee to get one song, why not spend $12 and buy the whole CD? And if you can't go legitemate, then download it with a P2P client (not that I condone that), rather than an actual website.

11. MewSkitty Sciforums.com sucks! Registered Senior Member

I've looked everywhere in the stores in my town and none of them carry anything by Conway Twitty. I even checked a music store in Nebraska when I visited the place. My dad ows me $20 that I would pay someone if they could get A CD with that song on it for me. If my dad ever gives me the money.

12. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

I think I can get it for you, MewSkitty.

Incidentally - and it's nothing to do with the above, since music-swapping is illegal - does anyone know of any sites that I can upload files to so that other people can download them?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. MewSkitty Sciforums.com sucks! Registered Senior Member

14. RubiksMaster Real eyes realize real lies Registered Senior Member

You can get almost any CD for very cheap on amazon.com, but alas, you don't have a credit card.

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

redarmy, use rapidshare.
    MewSkitty, there is a jillion of sites where you can download free music.
    Here's one:
    http://hype.non-standard.net/

16. MewSkitty Sciforums.com sucks! Registered Senior Member

I'm not easy to admit this, but although I'm great with computer hardware and software, I'm terrible when it comes to finding this online.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Thank you all very much for helping me and my friend. I'll never forget this.