How resilient are you?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by S.A.M., Sep 5, 2006.

?

How resilient are you?

1. I bounce back easily

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. I try but it's hard

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. I can't let go

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Depends on what the situation is

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  5. I don't really care that much about anything

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  6. I've never thought about it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Reading some posts here got me wondering how people cope with the things that go wrong in their lives. Whether they can overcome their difficulties easily and feel no need for support or help, or whether they feel a lack of support in their lives.

In any case, are you the type of person who can cope well?

If so, to what would you attribute this?

If not, why do you think not?

And what do you think would help you?

Any incidents in your life that made you more/less resilient?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2006
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

i cope with life's difficulties extremely well, i think.
    mostly, i would say that this is a result of a sense of humor about life. i dont take myself too seriously, and so i dont take anyone else too seriously either. this is my secret, i suppose. that, and a very strict set of moral guidelines that i live my life by.

life should be enjoyed, even the things that you dont want to happen. if you are sad, experience your sadness to the fullest. if you are happy, do the same. i try not to differentiate between blessings and curses, as i know they all come from the same place, and are there for me to learn from, and laugh at.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. perplexity Banned Banned

Deleted

Last edited: Mar 13, 2007
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Well said, my dear twin brother.

Sometimes I have difficulties facing the mundane. Because the mundane is boring. It helps then to make the mundane ridiculous. Or not to do the mundane.

8. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

i saw my friend burning to death before my very eyes.
    it is only in that day i understood how important it is to survive and not give up.ever.

9. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

I bounce back from things pretty quickly, and can handle much of whatever life throws at me-- there are a few exceptions however.

10. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

im the kind of person who builds up emotions and then lets them all out in one fell swoop

11. I.......

I fi........

No. It's no good. I'm finding domesticated om's avatar far too compelling to concentrate on anything but it. Mesmerising it is. I feel oddly water-proofed as a consequence.....

As to the questions: It depends. So far in life I've managed to take most things in m'stride and remain fairly sage about the whole affair. Partly, I don't tend to take things terribly seriously as in personally directed towards myself - partly, I'm extremely independently minded. Mostly, when it comes to problems associated with other people the fact that I'm large, fast moving and an obligate carnivore with it postpones indefinitely most of the sort of crap others generally feel constrained by - a cavalier attitude towards casual violence helps enormously in the work place I always find and I remain perfectly prepared to pitch anyone who says any different immediately out of the very nearest window just to prove it.

Life isn't what happens to you, it's the extent to which you let it effect you.

12. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I should insert a single frame within the animation that has some sort of written suggestion.

13. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

14. Roman Banned Banned

Support for what? Whether or not their mommy promised to buy them a happy meal or pokemon cards, but didn't?

Maybe I've never had anything that seriously upsetting happen in my life, or maybe everyone's just a sensitive pussy.

Like Ron. What the fuck is Ron's problem?
    I bet spuriousmonkey has lost family members to ravenous Swedish zombies, but you don't see him moping constantly. No, he's out there, searching for a cure for Infection.

15. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

No, most of them were lost due to smoking in combination with what it seems a hereditary predisposition where the circulatory system that cannot cope with the effects of smoking resulting in amputations (and lung damage on the side). Bloody hell. I think everybody on my father's side who smoked had something amputated, and most of them more than one thing.

Hence I don't smoke. I like my limbs.