Crocodile Hunter

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by DJ Erock, Sep 4, 2006.

?

What do you think of the death of the Crocodile Hunter?

1. This was a tragedy

31 vote(s)
    77.5%
  2. He got what was coming to him.

9 vote(s)
    22.5%
  1. DJ Erock Resident Skeptic Registered Senior Member

Steve Irwin, affectionately known as "The Crocodile Hunter" died today after being stung by a sting-ray in the chest.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/09/04/australia.irwin/index.html

I think this really sucks, from everything I saw of him (mostly on Conan) I really liked him. However, he did often willingly and enthusiastically put himself in the path of danger. So what do you think?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

see the thread in WE

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

Knowing him he would be very excited about dieing!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

like fuck would he, he loved his wife and two children and enjoyed his job at australia zoo

what a fucking retarded comment

8. Pi-Sudoku Slightly extreme Registered Senior Member

Mind you can you seriously imaging someone like him living to be 90 and going dementend and then dying dribbling in the corner of an old folkes home, no, you cant

9. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

yes but he was 44 he was far from retiring yet, he never even got to see his kids grow up

10. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

He had a great adventurous spirit and a confidence so overwhelming that he probably never considered that he could be killed so easily.

11. Chris_Smith Registered Senior Member

He was a personality - but no hero.

12. q0101 Registered Senior Member

I think it was a tragedy because he wasn’t doing something that was extremely dangerous. Everyone takes a risk when they swim in the ocean, (Especially off the coast of Australia) but people don’t usually die when stingrays attack them. Getting stabbed in the heart was a freak occurrence. I would have voted for (he got what was coming to him) if he was killed by a crocodile or a venomous snake.

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Neither. It was an occupational hazard.

14. imaplanck. Banned Banned

Sadly he was a great guy and his family must be very much indeed the worse off for his departure, but he made the risk, he wasn't baking girl scout cookies. Im afraid he asked for it.

15. moementum7 ~^~You First~^~ Registered Senior Member

What a stupid choice of questions.
    It's unfortunate how ever you look at it.
    He had a passion for life very few people are ever fortunate enough to experience.

16. Just_Not_There Do I Look Like I Care?! Registered Senior Member

I don't know. I chose tragedy because I liked him. I have to say the news of his death affected me more than the 14 men killed in that Nimrod accident on Saturday - but that is only because I knew of him better. It's purely perspective. Having said that, samcdkey, I would say the death of those 14 men is still a tragedy, regardless of the fact it was an occupational hazard for them...

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Nobody ever thinks they are going to die until they do. But if you choose a hazardous profession, you know that your chances of an accidental death are increased (because your insurance premiums are higher).

Every death is a tragedy and that of someone who is well known becomes even more so.

But it was his chosen profession and he was doing what he loved.

So why is it a tragedy? And one can hardly say he deserved what he got.

It was an accident, that is all.

He took a great many chances and unfortunately, this time his luck ran out.

18. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

A tragic accident. The death of a great man. You will be missed, Steve Irwin.
    Goodbye, ye Hunter of Crocodiles! May ye find solace in Valhalla! *raises beer*

19. imaplanck. Banned Banned

Well if I spat in the face of a triad, I would say I was asking for it! He was asking for trouble, he got it in the end!

20. Just_Not_There Do I Look Like I Care?! Registered Senior Member

He had a passion, pursued it and influenced a good many people along the way. I'd like to see you do as well. His death as I see it is not because 'he was asking for trouble' it was a rare and unfortunate accident, which had nothing to do with him being reckless or careless

21. imaplanck. Banned Banned

Bullshit!

22. Just_Not_There Do I Look Like I Care?! Registered Senior Member

The guy knew what he was doing. What you saw on the camera may have seemed reckless, but you simply fell into the trap that kept a lot of his viewers.. viewers. He was ambushed by an animal doing something completely unexpected i.e. a rare occurence that could not be anticipated. Like getting shot for your wallet, or knifed for no particular reason. These thing happen, and the chances were akin to him getting stabbed in the heart by a sting ray. Please be aware of the facts before denouncing them

23. imaplanck. Banned Banned

I am well aware of the facts kid, all im saying is he was asking for trouble as someone who pisses on the shoes of a gangster. Dont patronize me with misdirected superbly.