Energy thieves/vampires, possible or not?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by TimeTraveler, Sep 3, 2006.

1. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

If we humans are energy, can our energy be stolen, drained, and harvested by energy vampires?

Give this question deep thought.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Some believe that the energy of humans are being harvested by interdimensional monsters. The monsters feed on fear energy. Supposedly the Movie, Monsters Inc, which I have not seen, describes this.

I have seen no proof of this myth.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

there is either medication you are taking that you shouldn't, or you are not taking medication you should. one of the two =]

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Well theres the experiment you might of seen as a kid that turns a potato into a battery for lighting a bulb. Not sure of the relevance but I might start plugging a potato into my XBOX 360 controller when the batteries are dead.

8. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

do you really want potato juice on your controller?!

9. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

xbox 360 controllers take batteries?

10. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

If the vampire was as hot as this girl , she could probably suck whatever she wanted without any problems at all.

11. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Well you're right The Devil Inside, I guess it would get quite starch laiden.

Cato, they do take batteries although to be honest I've been using a play and charge kit so haven't have much problem (Although the potatoes were tempting)

12. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

is the play and charge any good, i thought it would be a waste of money as i recharge my batteries overnight

13. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Our energy is stored as chemical energy, in a variety of different types of chemical bonds. Only a very tiny portion of it is electrical energy, and that itself is produced by the conversion of chemical energy. Using any technology we can imagine, much less build, it would be impossible to extract this energy from a human body without destroying it structurally and killing the person it belongs to.

The information coded in those chemical bonds, particularly the DNA replication algorithms and the thoughts in our brains, is more valuable to us than the paltry amount of chemical energy stored in our bodies. It might very well be the same to another creature of any advanced intellect.

To a primitive predator, of course, the energy is more important, and primitive predators have a relatively efficient way of extracting it. It's called "eating."

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Sci fi shows like Stargate Atlantis, with the Wraiths sucking out our life force to sustain themselves for a couple of hours and leaving us barely alive... well that's just sci fi. It's foolish to say that anything is impossible, and perhaps some day we or some other species will figure out how to do it. But I predict with confidence that the energy required to perform the procedure will be far greater than what is extracted.

14. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Around 90% of the people I deal with on a day-to-day basis are energy vampires. Many of them work in banking; telesales; for gas, water and electricity companies. Some of the others are personal acquaintances that I'd rather not be acquainted with. Day by day these people suck our mental and physical resources out of us. There is nothing supernatural about this.

15. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

Do you have a job?

Some of it may be true, we may be inter-dimensional, and people may steal energy, but it's not something most people know is happening to them.

16. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

Your comment was not constructive at all, is this your attempt at a personal insult? If humans are not energy, what are they?

Anyway nice example of a vampire move. (trying to steal the energy from my arguement?)

17. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

That is not what I meant at all. Energy thieves can steal your energy just by robbing you of your money through wage slavery for example, or by simply emptying your bank account. An energy thief can also trick you into doing all of their homework for them.

The point is, an energy thief/vampire is simply a person who steals your energy and doesnt give it back. If you do a favor for an energy thief, they'll not give you that energy back. So all the electrical and chemical energy you use up helping this person, is stolen and given to this person who saves energy that they would have had to spend doing it themselves.

You see it happen in economic situations where we say "okay lets lower wages to 1 penny an hour and make them work 12 hours a day."

18. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Sorry. We had different terminology for this in my day.

19. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

yeah...we call them "assholes".

20. weed_eater_guy It ain't broke, don't fix it! Registered Senior Member

i think, if energy is chemical reactions, and these reactions are exchanges of atomic-scale matter that result in temperature, than an energy vampire is anything colder than our body tissue!

public enemy #1: brainfreeze
    #2: ice storms
    #3: canada

don't be shy, add to the list!

21. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

Take the word vampire out of this question and the suggestion of 'with intent' and the answer is yes

People can and indeed do (but not willfully or even knowingly) drain others of energy.

The relationship may be one of intense love, an isolating union, whereby it is the two against the world. These can be very draining. Or the relationship can be one of power of another. I have had my energy drained from me so that I was little more than a shadow of myself. The person doing this did not do so with intent of taking my energy but with the intent of taking my strength so that he could control me.

If have read the 'celestine prophecy' this explains it well

http://post.queensu.ca/~peppardl/celestin.htm

"3
    The third insight describes a new understanding of the physical world_the perception of a formerly invisible form of energy. This new energy forms the basis of and radiates outward from all things. Intention and expectation can cause energy to flow from ourselves and affect other energy systems. Human perception of this energy begins with a heightened sensitivity to beauty which can give us the ability to see energy fields around things, including other humans.
    The fourth insight describes how humans compete for energy. We feel weak, insecure and lacking so we seek to increase our personal energy by psychologically stealing it from others. This underlies all human conflict and governs the need for humans to control and manipulate others. It explains wars and the failure of personal relationships. We feel better when we control others. Most people go through life in a constant hunt for someone else's energy. Energy equates with power. "

The eighth insight warns of the danger of becoming addicted to other persons. We have to use energy in a new way in relating to people. It starts with how we view children. We must supply constant, unconditional energy to our children, not drain their energy and require them to compete for a greater supply. One adult can only focus on and give energy to one child at a time. The adult need for opposite-sex energy arises from a competitive and manipulative energy situation as a child, especially with respect to the opposite sex parent. When another person comes along and offers a direct source of this energy which we failed to receive as a child, it gives rise to addiction which eventually leads to an energy control conflict and the failure of the relationship. People in love unconsciously give each other energy which produces a mutual feeling of euphoria. However, in doing so they cut themselves off from the true source of energy. A romantic relationship can only succeed if both partners are complete in their energy circle and so do not become co-dependent, pulling themselves from their own path and purpose. Real projection of energy has no attachment or intention. Both people are waiting for messages. Two people who are really meant for each other pool their energies, and become a super-person. Also, part of the eighth insight is learning to interact consciously in a group. In a group discussion, one person has the most powerful idea at any time but all should be alert to who should be heard next and so focus their collective energy on that person, helping them to bring out their idea with the greatest clarity. The group becomes a giant energy pool, a super-group"

Last edited: Sep 4, 2006
  22. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

That is true, but there is something else to take into account. Does energy and power both increase when minds combine and merge? Is there a math or pattern behind it?

23. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

ToR and Timetraveler are sockpuppets?