Dark Stars

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by Pollux V, Feb 12, 2002.

1. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

A theory, very simple, but while pondering I thought to myself: If stars provide heat, then what provides cold? The answer: Dark Stars. Instead of heat, the produce cold. Basically the opposite, but when you think about it what causes being cold? A lack of warmth? Yes! But also an abundance of cold. This means that they could be ALL over the place.

Is this too wacky?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Pollux V,

Stop smoking crack.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

response

cold really is stilness of (molecules) or/and atoms. tht means - more cold -> much less molecule, atom movement. So as we know stars create enormous and active gass reaction processes on them. tht is in no way related as stilness. why is it cold in outer space? - almost no movement there. So there could not be a star tht creates coldness. it could be yust an enourmous deep frozen block, but not likely, because there would be far more atoms thn in emty space.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Pollux V,

Joeblow93132 says to stop smoking crack.

I would say to lay off the ice cubes....

8. esp Registered Senior Member

I would say you're quite right.

When a substance is hot, it's atoms are vibrating rapidly. The hotter the quicker.
    At 0 deg K or -273ish deg c there is no particulate vibration.

9. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

alright alright was just posting an opinion damnit....

By the way I offer a urine sample to anyone who believes that I'm on drugs as long as they buy me a drink. It's too bad because I find myself saying that more and more....(I'm a wacky guy)