Who was responsible for the 911 attacks?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by lixluke, Aug 31, 2006.

?

Who was responsible for the 911 attacks?

1. Americans?

15 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Arabs?

25 vote(s)
    62.5%
  1. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Last edited: Sep 16, 2006
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

the government.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Technically though, that would actually have been the chaps flying the planes, really wouldn't it..... Or am I being awfully British again?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Genji Registered Senior Member

Sorry, I can't check either one. The US government and religious fundamentalism coupled with US/Israeli domination of the ME brought us 9/11.

8. .... My word. Those really must be extraordinarily large, accomodating cock-pits they pack onboard the average passenger jet these days to fit all that lot in behind the stick....

No wonder we get so many delays. Must take half a day just to load the flight crew.

9. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

The Americans?

10. Indeed, indeed. Some people just never learn. CoolSkill has just never tried.

No, you nit. The. People. Who. Flew. The. Planes. Into. The. Rudy Buildings.

11. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

There is plenty of guilt to go around. Five years later, after everything that's happened, to be still be trying to analyze it in such oversimplified terms is to just not understand the complicated world you live in. Ever hear of the legal doctrine of "contributory negligence"?

How about the Russians? They created the Northern Alliance in Afghanistan, which the US had to counter by creating the Taliban. The Cold War was one big chess game and for a while the Middle East was the chessboard.

How about the British? They created Iraq. They also created Israel.

How about the Ottomans? They made a pretty damn big mess out of the Middle East, from which it's never really recovered.

How about the Crusaders? It was arguably they who created the sense of enmity between Christian Europe and Muslim Araby that has endured for many hundreds of years.

How about Moses? If he hadn't institutionalized Judaism, there would have been no Abrahamic tradition for Mohammed to base his religion on. Or Jesus either, for that matter. What a swell sensible world THAT would be, eh? The Ottomans might have adopted Buddhism instead of Islam and sent forth monks like the Indians and Chinese, instead of warriors.

One thing each of us is positive about: It wasn't OUR fault.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2006
  12. Y'know chaps, I can already see this threads originators responces to whatever modecum of sanity any of us should venture:

"Fools! Irrelevant! Ad Hominid attacks! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!"

Must we bother?

13. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Yes. Speaking about yourself.

14. ... And thus, the Circle of Life ever onward turns and - Oh look! How extraordinary! An angry, brown, ravenous bear! My word, what jolly good fortune! Y'know, I've often wondered what it would feel like to wangle m'john thomas in an pissed off bears face and now it looks as if I'll finally get my chance!

What sport!

I think afterwards I might indulge in a spot of ironing my head completely flat on the ironing board and possibly, time permitting, prising my eyeballs out with a tire iron and giving them both a jolly good swapping over later.

So much else to do, so very little time....

Toodles,

A x

15. eiiiiiithenkyow!

16. leopold Valued Senior Member

don't get 'em started, we'll be here all night!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

17. leopold Valued Senior Member

on second thought . . .

18. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Like you do everyday.

19. phlogistician Banned Banned

How can you say that, we're at War with Eurasia, and the choco ration just got doubled!

Actually, I agree with you. During the troubles, we just got on with things. No song and dance, we just calmly left train stations when there were alerts, or stayed in our flats until the coast was clear when the IRA bombed the street.

When there was that rocket attack on the MI5 building, and Waterloo was closed, I just called my boss to tell her I'd be late to work and found another route, along with thousands of other commuters. We didn't run, hide, whine piss or cry, we just got on with our lives.

Today it seems though the government and the media are doing the terrorists work for them.

20. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

I couln't agree more. People here in the UK didn't let IRA terrorism "get to them" in the same way as the current "climate of fear".

21. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

One can only wish all these people had been in the cockpit. Or is this thought too negative?

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Worked for us with the Tamil Tigers.

23. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

Yup. The British Army came to know that as "Hearts and Minds". A pretty old concept that the yanks don't seem to get. If it's not "Kill 'em all" the yanks just don't understand it. A bit like irony, I suppose.