Reality Show Idea

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Quigly, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Quigly ......................... ..... Registered Senior Member

So I had this idea for a reality show because of all of the hardships the gov't is having with Rebuilding IRAQ's government and everything. So I thought, why not do a reality show called Rebuilding X (X being the name of a third world country) Basically, the idea is that in say a year, they try to rebuild a small third world country from poverty to a place of education, law, appeal, ect.. You find somewhere that the governing body would allow you to come in and do your thing to help promote wealth of living in the area. Some how incorporate competition/ different teams that represent different governing types or whatever. See what works best. Assign teams certain regions/areas and have them compete for other prime areas like lakes, river areas, cost lines, ect.. Don't flame me, I thought it would be a good idea.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

Are you for really? no one would give a shit about that!

They wan to see half clad women ,etc., etc.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

i wouldnt mind seeing 5 extremists from 5 religions given guns and stuck on an island

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sderenzi Banned Banned

I'd like to see a possible development of multiphase implosion devices that can incinerate clothing off woman an make all of them naked.

8. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

there was a smaller version of this in the uk called 'challenge Anika' not much the same, but challenging celeb to do good work and get it all done for free. She did some amazing things. meanwhile the USA gov. should pay. war criminals.

http://www.ksw.org.uk/stalbans/early_spring.htm

"Early Spring

Romania Orphanage Appeal
    Pupils from King’s St. Alban’s Junior have been raising money in aid of an Orphanage in Romania. Bruce Vaughan, of the charity Romania Challenge, visited the school in October. He works on behalf of the orphanage that was featured in the TV series Challenge Anika and was invited to visit St. Alban’s by one of the teachers, Beryl Wilson, who visited the orphanage in 1996. Many of the young people Beryl met then are now reaching adulthood and the charity is finding ways of settling them in the community. One of their projects involves setting up a farm and Bruce asked the children to raise money to buy chickens. The children set about raising money through running cake stalls, sponsored skipping, raffles and a variety of games run during their break times. Bruce came back to school at the beginning of February to collect a cheque for £1409.62!! He reckoned this would buy about 650 chickens and challenged the children to work out how many eggs they might lay in a year! "

9. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

They flew Anika around in helicopters and gave her that snazzy buggy thing though. She wasn't totally without help. Anyone who turned her down for help would look like a stingy areshole on national tv, too. Different kettle of fish really.

10. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

well the show Quigly mentions will be on tv and presumably they'll also get snazzy copters

anyway whatverrrrrrrrrr

talk to the hand

I do not watch reality TV................... :bugeye: errrrrrrrrrrrr

11. original sine Registered Senior Member

Rebuilding "X" sound excellent! My only suggestion would be to remove Hollywood completely. No camera, no commericals, no announcer saying, "STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT THRILLING EPISODE!" Just help out a third world country.

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I would watch this too. But no guns. Maybe a competition of some sort.

13. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

The whole point of reality shows is that people love to see other people LOSE. That's why American Idol always throws in a few contestants who are so bad that they haven't got a chance in hell of winning, but just don't know it. The audience loves to see them make fools of themselves and then to see the look of abject humiliation when they're told how bad they are.

If you were going to do it with countries, you'd have to have a competition among different countries, and you'd have to throw in a couple that are absolutely beyond help so everyone can hoot at them.

14. Quigly ......................... ..... Registered Senior Member

It isn't as much about the losing as the drama. People love to watch people get betrayed, lied too, "played" and watch how they react. That is called drama and people love it.

15. river-wind Valued Senior Member

speaking as an American, I agree. And I think that the US gov't has even has even aknowleged their status as such, in finally agreeing to follow to the Geneva convensions (edit: RE: Guantanimo and "Illegal Enemy Combatants"). If not adhearing to them was unconstitutional, and now we are going to follow them, what does that make our actions over the last 5 years, in terms of international law?

Given the fair success of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, I think this could be do-able. Pump some of thse advertising dollars into rebuilding a village! Team up with Habitat for Humantity and Sears, and you're good to go.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2006