Meru Foundation: Confusing But Cool

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by sderenzi, Aug 28, 2006.

1. sderenzi Banned Banned

I just wanted to know if anyone else here has ever heard of the Meru Foundation. It was appearantly begun when a researcher named Stanley Tenen discovered that each letter in the hebrew language was based off a single 3 dimensional object which he named a torus. It seems that as the torus is rotated in space if you take a flashlight an shine it's image into 2-dimensions (like on a wall) it ends up displaying each letter of the alphabet (hebrew only). From this he learned of hidden patterns in the hebrew texts that produced unusual, geometric imagery. Much of it seems hyperdimensional in nature, meaning the images are shadows of objects like hypercubes, etc.

It's all very freaky because it's so cool. Appearantly the legend goes that god put into the hebrew language all the knowledge he had, but that only those skilled would be able to understand it. Tenen has been working on this for years, an years. The only thing I find is the information is almost impossible to understand unless you're a mathmatics genius. Tenen believes this imagery is suppose to allow you to transcend physical reality in someway, I think it may merely be a complex description of how the universe functions.

Has anyone ever read about his data, etc

http://www.meru.org/

I find it simply compelling because it's all based on mathmatics, you'll see if you read how this is so. At one time I believed aliens may have encoded this into the language for some unknown reason.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

to take this out of the context of hebrew scripture is a mistake.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

I don't know how he came up with that name but "torus" is already a mathematical term, specifically in topology. The classic example of a toroid shape is a doughnut, but any solid object with one hole all the way through it is topologically equivalent.

Topologists are called "mathematicians who can't tell the difference between their doughnut and their coffee cup." Topology is called "geometry without the details."

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

I think it's a sad fact that I actually get it and think it is funny.

Or "rubbersheet geometry."

It seems no one can really give a good definition of what topology is.

8. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

There is nothing special about the Hebrew alphabet. Even at a young age, I could tell that the similarity between the aleph bet (hebrew.. aleph, bet gimel daled) and the alpha bet (greek.. alpha beta gamma delta). Only at the time they had us convinced that the Hebrew one came first...

This guy's on 'shrooms.

On a seperate note, the greek writing system was possibly the greatest contribution to Hebrew culture.

9. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

um...it did come first.

and the topic he discusses is an actual phenomena.

10. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

11. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebrew_language

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_language

goes to show that wikipedia isnt always the best source.

12. The Devil Inside Banned Banned