Transformers Pics, Please give your opnion!

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Blackrain, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Blackrain Registered Senior Member

Ok, the Transformers fan Base is stark raving mad right now. Because they don't think the new character designs will work in this movie. For those who don't know, excluding Spiderman 3, Transformers is the most anticipated film of 2007. Paramount said their servers crashed within 15 minutes of them releasing the trailer to this movie. The Executive producer for this film is Steven Speilberg. And the film is being directed by Michael Bay.

So what I'm asking is for NON-TRANSFORMERS fanbois to comment on these images. I want to see how the General public will react to these designs.

Megatron

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c6/cetawayo/megatronhead.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c6/cetawayo/Megatron.jpg

Optimus Prime

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c6/cetawayo/optimus.jpg

Bumblebee

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c6/cetawayo/bumblebee.jpg

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

Any remake in the last five years is guaranteed to be a pile of shit.

Anyone under 25 should not be allowed to watch or talk about Transformers, Thundercats, or He-Man.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

hehe,...

can remember wathing he-man. We thought it was 'da' shit.

(back then)

(wouldn't watch the film though...that will 'really' be 'da' shit)

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wsionynw Master Queef Valued Senior Member

I'm a fan of the early Transformers, especially the original Transformers movie. I wouldn't call myself a fan boy, I don't own any toys or visit fan sites.
    I'm just not sure about these new designs, I'd have to see them in motion and in dialogue. My hunch is that they may have gone a bit too far and over engineered them to the point where the transformed robots no longer resemble their machine versions (Bumblebee looks like a power ranger, and very few car parts can bee seen). I'm excited at the prospect of seeing Cybertron, as Michael Bay has hinted that the robot planet will be shown.
    Aside from the robots the human cast looks a little bit lame.
    Could be great, or it could suck like Superman Returns (sorry Supes fans).

8. wsionynw Master Queef Valued Senior Member

Thundercats are the shizzel (I'm 27 btw)! I got a hold of every episode on DVD;some guy on Ebay had recorded all of them and burned onto DVDs. Watching them was like going back in time to when I'd get home from school, watch a few shit kids shows and then get excited when THAT Thundercats intro music kicked in! Good times.

9. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I'm personally waiting for the remake of Ghandi to be released late 2007 starring Ben Affleck as Mahatma Ghandi.

That film will kick ass.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. wsionynw Master Queef Valued Senior Member

I've heard that Michael Bay will be remaking Schindler's List, but in his version the US army will bomb the fuck out of the Nazi's (in slo-mo with rock music, and lens flare) and Schindler (played by Matt Damon) will arrive on the scene as comic relief.

11. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

I think they look very cool.... but they should of given up the whole car thing.

unless, they can transform into any shape.... which it seems they cannot.

since they come from another planet, it makes no sense, that they should have a permanent form, which resembles humans vehicles.....

otherwise.... they look very cool.

-MT

12. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

You've not seen the original episode then, I take it?

Their original forms were not Earth vehicles. When they crashed on the planet and were still 'unconscious', the computer sent out a scout to ascertain the dominant lifeform of the planet so that they would transform into that and blend in with the local population.

13. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Fucking nonsense. Next.

14. wsionynw Master Queef Valued Senior Member

Shame the scouts didn't happen upon some rather large dog turds. It would have made the toys a lot more fun.

15. Blackrain Registered Senior Member

Based on the leaked script. The Transformers pretty much Transform into the First Vehicle they come into contact with. And yes they can scan, and turn into any vehicle they want. Michael Bay is presenting these robots as super nano-tech beings. Capapble of turning their arms into gun turrets etc.

16. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

I regularly turn into a street. Do I win a prize?

17. wsionynw Master Queef Valued Senior Member

I turn into an arsehole when I've been drinking too much. Do you think Michael Bay would be interested in me?

18. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

You're probably just pissed because you could never figure out how to transform them. Too complicated for you and you kept breaking them.

I bet you loved the Go-bots because they were so easy.

19. wsionynw Master Queef Valued Senior Member

Ouch! I had a few toys as a kid, but they are all lost now. Let me see, who did I have.....ah yes, Ultra Magnus, Hot Rod, some weird alligator thing and a few smaller old school transformers. I friend of mine had loads, and Go Bots and Rock Lords, how jealous I was.

20. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

I always wanted Hot Rod as I thought he was the coolest....I can't remember whether I got him or not. Jazz was the second coolest and I got him for Christmas one year, then lost him at school

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Does anyone remember those transformers toys that were like big cats? Like really big ones, my friend had some but I can't remember what they were called.

Also, there was some other toy I can't remember the name of, where it was like these action man sized guys with green, yellow and blue suits, with holes in the legs and arms that you could attach things to like one had jet engines and one turned into a motorbike or something like that....anyone remember?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2006
  21. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

THANKYOU, for explaining that little bit... i would imagine if this detail was clearly made in the movie, then it is all ok... assuming then, that they could,, possibly transform at some future time into other shapes as needed.

-MT

22. wsionynw Master Queef Valued Senior Member

The Hot Rod toy was ok, when in car form but when in 'human' form he couldn't move his legs at all.
    Yeah I remember those big cats, I think my big alligator was the Decepticon version of the Autobot big cats.
    I think you're describing the Centurions, which were based on a cartoon of the same name. They were a crime fighting team that had all this cool technology that clamped onto their suits, they could fly, go under water, etc. It was short lived but as a kid I remember thinking it was very cool. Check out this link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB4UNyi4zKs

Last edited: Aug 28, 2006
  23. Blackrain Registered Senior Member

QUESTION!

Do you guys think Megatrons Desgin will break the movie?