Future Vision could soon become a reality

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CarrotCake, Aug 25, 2006.

1. CarrotCake Registered Member

The elections are fast approaching, and soon this country will be electing a new president. I think that if Hillary Clinton is elected president, the world will come to an end. Now let me clarify myself. Hillary has said that if she is elected, the first thing she will do is "Bring our children home." Refering to the many soldiers in the middle east right now. She is going to bring all of our soldiers home so that they can die with the rest of this country. Think about it, our soldiers are over there, and because they are over there, the terrorists (MOSTLY) are also over there. If we were to withdraw our troops I think that it could very possibly bring the war to our homeland. Doesn't it make sense? Theres no one in the middle east to stop the attacks, so why not attack us at the heart? If we bring our troops home I think the attacks on our homeland with increase dramatically. Our troops are over there for a reason, they are hunting down the terrorists and keeping them away from us, yet so many people fail to support him. Listen I don't agree with everything Bush does, I don't think hes the worst president we have ever had though either. Just because you don't agree with what he is doing doesn't mean that you can't support the troops. If those troops are withdrawn all I can say is prepare for war, because the war is going to be right here on our home front, in our cities, in our towns and in our communities.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. q0101 Registered Senior Member

Do you think Islamic terrorists would still want to attack the U.S.A if the government decided to create a mind our own business policy? The U.S government should turn it’s military into a defensive military. Countries with offensive militaries deserve to be attacked by other countries or organizations. I think the U.S government should reduce their dependence on foreign oil and mind their own business. (With a few exceptions) The only offensive operations that should take place in Arab countries are covert operations to prevent some countries or terrorist organizations from building or obtaining nuclear weapons. The U.S government could also give financial support to political parties or groups in Islamic countries that want to eliminate terrorism and create secular societies. The U.S government should also stop supporting Israel unless they are willing to change the way that they respond to threats from the Palestinians and the Lebanese.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2006
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Funny, before the US invaded Iraq there were no terrorists there.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

Dude, you arent making sense. First the best way to fight the war is to have moderate arabs fight the extremists, but I don' t know if that will be possible now due to how Iraq was handled. That would have been the best way.

If we bring the soldiers home, it's bringing them home, but it does not mean the war on terrorism ends. Honestly, I don't think the terrorists are as organized as you seem to think, and I'm not sure how you can fight terrorism by bombing it.

If Amercia and the world is going to die, whats your point? At some point the soldiers must come home.

8. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

I advocate security through superior intelligence. I advocate security through inclusion, because Arabs will actually fight to protect America if America fights to protect them. I mean look at the state of the middle east right now, it's going to be very difficult to gather any sort of intelligence. Do you think the average person, or then the average muslim wants anything to do with Al Qaeda? No of course not, but when all they have is the terrorists it does not give them an alternative vision.

We need to offer the alternative vision, something besides "we all are going to die, the earth is dying" type stuff, or "we are going to work you to death" type stuff. We need to actually offer a peaceful Islam.

Most people are not terrorists and don't have anything to do with it, but when you treat them all like terrorists, even the moderates are left with nothing to choose from. I think the middle east can be stablized. In general even a stable middle east does not solve the main problems we have.

The war on terrorism will likely continue in different forms, it's in the middle east because thats who attacked us.

In general, security is the type of issue, that depends on how you interpret security. How secure is the human species? I'd say not very secure. Global security is the issue, and it's everyones responsibility. America should take the lead on global security and global responsibility. We can still become the country of global security, but with every new war it becomes much more difficult to do. Wars do not make a country look good. Global security requires global laws, which we don't really fully have, but you need global law before you can have functional global security. How else will you define what security is, if there is no legal definition of it? How will we know when we are safe? Just saying "Kill them until we are safe". Does not answer any question.

9. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

It's preposterous to think that the sociopathic fundamentalist Muslim terrorist movement will retain the strength it has today, without the "Great Satan" running rampant through its homeland. These are for all practical purposes Stone Age people. America would be nothing more than an abstraction to them if we weren't killing Muslims and interfering--however benignly--with Muslim societies. They'll be too busy trying to destroy Israel to think of us.

The genie has been let out of the bottle as far as airline hijacking is concerned, however. It's become the pastime of the international disaffected set and they will undoubtedly continue doing it after United starts flying to Mars. But without American troops on their doorstep the people of Saudi Arabia may stop financing anti-American terrorism to such a large extent, and the terrorists will probably never have the resources to pull off another operation anywhere near the scope of 9/11.

As you all know I'm a Libertarian so I don't have much respect for either Conference of the Republocrat League, so Hillary is not my darling. Nonetheless I'd get a feeling of pride to have a woman in the White House, now that so many other countries have set the precedent. I will violate my principles and not vote for the Libertarian candidate, if my vote is needed to ensure the victory of someone with a believable promise to pull our troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan. And to start talking some heavy drenn to Israel.

10. CarrotCake Registered Member

I think the terrorists are much more organized than you think, how has benLadin evaded capture so long? How do they pull off a 9/11? How do they bomb a london rail way? How do they do any of that. I mean we are the United States of America, and those "stone age" people actually seem to be organizing themselves into effective fighting groups, or at the very least resistance groups. All I'm saying is that they are organized and they do have resources at their disposal. Do you honestly think that if our soldiers come home if Hillary gets elected, that the terrorist attacks will lessen?

11. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Ha! The fear propaganda works wonders, eh?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Unfortunately, that's a big part of the issue. The US government, for some bizarre reason, is strongly in Israel's side... :bugeye: