Crazy people On the job

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Sgal, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Sgal Principessa Registered Senior Member

There was a story on the Montel show about a woman who got her kids taken from her because they thought she committed a crime. The story goes she her husband and two kids were driving when they got pulled over for something. The cop was taking down info. when the woman took her inafnt from the car seat to feed him and the cop freaked out and made them get out of the car. You are not supposed to have children out of the car seat when you are driving but its okay if it isn't. Nobody believed the woman and her kids were taken from her for like a year. The only reason she got them back was because she had to do the visitation type visits where somebody watches you while you meet with your kids. She kind of had to earn her kids back. Later it was learned what really happened because someone eventually listened to her but the cop was never arrested or anything.
    Anybody have stories like this?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. pasquala Living on a Prayer Registered Senior Member

I remember a story in the news a year or two ago about a family who stopped at a gas station. The father accidently left his wallet on top of the car and the family drove off. Someone saw money flying off of the car and called the police. The cops pulled the car over at gun point because they believed that the money was from a robbery. They made the family exit the car and get down on their knees when the family dog jumped out of the car the cop shot and killed it. He claimed that the dog was going to attack him, but if you watch the video from the cop's dash, you can clearly see that the little dog was acting in a friendly manner. Very sad.
    I also heard about a mother who was acused of some kind of child abuse and Human Services took her small child away from her and then showed up at the hospital after delivered her baby to take it away from her also due to a claim of child abuse (we are not talking about drugs or anything like that). My question is this...how can that mother even have had a chance to abuse a child that she has just delivered and is still in the hospital? It doesn't make any sense.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Vote Libertarian.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

you DO understand the irony of this statement, dont you?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Aderyn Registered Member

There's been two similar stories in Britain recently one is as follows:-
    In one family the mother is educationally a little on the "slow" side, the father is of normal intelligence. They had two young children, one a toddler, the other a babe. Perfectly normal family, children well loved,well cared for,clean,tidy etc.. The toddler stumbles and injures himself and mum takes him the the local A&E to make sure that he is Ok. The doctor on duty has a chat to mum while examining the child (no lasting damage just a bit of a bump) and realises the mother is not quite neurosurgeon material.
    The doctor decides the mother can't look after her children properly and calls in the Social Services (Those from the Dark Side). They decide that she is an unfit mother and start to take steps to take her children away from her. This is despite protestations from her husband who offers to give up his job and be a full time carer, both sets of families who offer to help (not that mum needed help, caring for her children was something she could do perfectly well!)
    Their children have now been taken away and have already been put up for adoption. All efforts to get these children back have been thwarted such is the might of the British Social Services.

The next involves a perfectly normal family, two children one a boy the other a girl. The little boy fell and broke or fractured a limb, if I can remember rightly. Under examination the hospital found other badly healed fractures on the child's body. They quite rightly immediately called in the Social Services, when neither parent could explain the old fractures, who took both children into care. Now the mother, apparently, was a carrier of a genetic condition that manifests as a fragile bone disorder and because she knew nothing of the previous fractures she in hindsight guessed this condition could be a probable cause of the injuries. The mother had previously been screened for this condition but the children had not. She suggested to the Social Services to get a DNA test done on the child to prove that he nor his sister were victims of child abuse but the "SS" decided the prick on the toe would too traumatic for the youngster (like taking him away from his family wasn't traumatic enough). the mother and father had also been notified that their children might be placed on the adoption register, and despite trying to fight the case through the courts, the legal system sided with the SS. The mother became pregnant again and was forced to flee to Ireland to have the baby because she was notified that it would be taken away at birth if she stayed where she lived. They were found and after much wrangling with the Irish government the Social Services eventually "asked" the parents to return to Britain where, rather than take the baby from them, they would be monitored until the Services deemed them fit to look after the child.

And the moral of the story is .......if your kid's a bit accident prone, look up how to make a DIY splint on the Internet NEVER take him to your local A&E!

9. pasquala Living on a Prayer Registered Senior Member

There is a very simular story here (US). It was featured on an episode of House make-over or something like that on NBC (I think) Anyway the family (who had a few children) with the youngest having the same desease as you described. They called it glass bone desease. The least little bump or fall would cause the boy's bone's to break. Social Services took the boy away from the parents. They had to fight for a year to get him back. Finally when the boy continued to get injured while in the care of foster parents, someone, somewhere figured it all out. Now the boys only crawls upon the floor so as not to fall and break something. The house make over people remodeled their entire house with special flooring the was made of soft materials and a bunch of other stuff including padded sidewalks and a play area in their yard. It was quite moving, but it just goes to show you how much Social Services will let a loving caring family suffer before they decide to even think of using common sense.

Let me add this other little story of a personal note.

My grandmother developed polio as a very young child. She grew up crippled and wear braces on both her legs. She married and had 5 children (my mother included) Her husband (my grandfather) ran off and never returned when my mom was 4 years old. Then my grandmother became briefly ill and had to be hospitalized for a short period. The Social Services department decided that since she was classified as a cripple also, they placed all her children in an orphanage. She tried to get them back, but was unsuccessful. They only allow her visitation. My mother grew up in several different foster homes and a Catholic orphanage where she was basically raised by nuns. Slowly as all the kids got older, they would run away from wherever they were and find their way back to my grandmother. Then the SS would come and take them off again until they each became 16 years old and that is when SS said that they were old enough and could stay with my grandmom. This is a true story. It happened to my mom.