Recently seen film...

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by Stryder, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

If you've seen a recently film, why not post what it was and what you thought of it. (This is not to be confused with the Best/Worst film threads)

Lastnight I saw:
    A Scanner Darkly, a film based on a P.K.Dick story. The film was pretty bizarre especially due to some of the dialogue that was very much like Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (Not being monologue, but the sort of dialogue you get out of some really spaced out people).

I think it's probably something I'll purchase eventually on DVD because it will probably be one of those films that fit into the unusual genre. If you haven't seen it, you'll either love it or be confused by it's plot line, however you might find yourself wondering about how much of the cellshading was just done by a computer and how much was actually touched up by hand.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

i watched porkys last night, i have it on dvd and think it is an extremely funny film

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wsionynw Master Queef Valued Senior Member

I watched Sin City last night. I'm a big fan of the comics so it was entertaining, and pretty much as good as I could have hoped for. However, the UK DVD release is crap, no extras apart from a brief behind the scenes. I've now ordered the US region 1 special edition.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Yeah, I enjoyed A Scanner Darkly. At first I thought it was some government spying conspiracy movie, but that's a small part of the movie. The conversations those guys were having were hilarious! Robert Downey Jr. is such a great actor.

- N

8. RubiksMaster Real eyes realize real lies Registered Senior Member

I recently saw The Royal Tennenbaums. It wasn't what I expected, but it was still pretty good. I think it deserves a second watch, sometime when I can watch it without distraction, and without being considerably drunk.

9. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

i watched sleepers again lat night

very upsetting but a great film

10. devils_reject Registered Senior Member

I just read Da Vinci code (the book). Tres Bien!

11. Pete It's not rocket surgery Registered Senior Member

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind was great. Strong plot, good subplots, great cast with top performances. Elijah Wood did a great job with an odd character in a minor role. Tom Wilkinson was brilliant as usual. Kate Winslett and Jim Carrey were solid, and Kirsten Dunst was bearable

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. Sgal Principessa Registered Senior Member

I am watching a film called Zelary. It takes place during the time when the Nazis's were in control of Germany. A German woman and her boyfriend works for the resistance. They and some others are foundout about. Her boyfriend has a chance to get out of the country so he takes it. He leaves her new identiy papers because she can't go with him. Earlier in the show the woman gives blood to a country man from a small village place called Zelary. Because she saved his life he is willing to save hers. She must pose as his bride and live in the country with. She is angry at first but she soon falls in love with him.
    So far its really good.

13. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Decent: Scary and unnerving. Good use of lighting and space to create a lot of clasutrophobic suspense. One of the better horror movies out there.

One lady in particular is smokin hot.

14. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

The Descent, you mean?

Yup, saw that one a couple days ago

Started out horribly, uneven pace, ending that didn't make sense, but the action scenes were great!

15. Sgal Principessa Registered Senior Member

Just finished watching Zelary and its sad because the country guy dies in the end. The plot overall however is very good.

16. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Snakes on a Plane. See it today.
    "I'm sick of these mutha fuckin' snakes on this mutha fuckin' plane!"
    -Samuel L Jackson

Quite possibly the best movie you'll see this year about snakes on a plane.

Seriously, it was pretty good.

17. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

Talladega Nights.

Pretty funny shit right there.

18. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

As good as Old School?

19. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

hmm hard to compare.

20. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

yup...and Juno, lets not forget Juno.

21. calligi Registered Member

i just saw Red eye. it didn't end like i thought it would. it was all happy and stuff at the end which is weird for a wes creaven movie

22. Kakskordakolm Registered Member

What Dreams May Come...freaky movie...and I loved it

23. Kakskordakolm Registered Member

I saw that a few days ago..great movie in my opinion..and sometimes i'd like to lose my thoughts,too...oh..i wish it was possible