iPod terrorists!

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by spuriousmonkey, Aug 22, 2006.

1. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Patriots of America unite! United we stand strong against terrorism and their vile quest for facism!

The following story came to my attention about the evil Ipod.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/5262110.stm

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

The enemy has a face!

The iPod is made in China!!! A communist terrorist country! A country aspiring to join the axis of evil! A country who supported north korea, an established member of the axis of evil, to kill american heroes!

What does Apple do?!? It manufactures its iPods in China! In a communist factory! 200.000 people work in this factory of slavery alone. An estimated 30.000 are making iPods doing 60 hours a week shifts if they have a easy week.

That's 45.000 american jobs stolen away! 45.000 american lives which are ruined because of the unamerican ways of this terrorist organization which pretends to be a respectable corporation. YUCK!

Capitalism is terrorism!

American patriots unite!

Together we shall rid our fine nation of infidels and their evil friends!

Do not buy an iPod or ANY Apple product untill this company returns to its godfearing american ways!

Moreover, if you happen to live in Florida and have a concealed weapon shoot anyone with white headphones. Yes, they are a listening device made by the devil. Shoot those unpatriotic traitors with american made hand guns!

If you life outside florida do a citizens arrest. Arrest them for treason. For terrorism. For 9/11.

Together we can do this my patriotic friends.

You are either with us or against us, and for the first time we now have a visual cue that distinguishes friend from foe.

This is a war.

Too many exclamation marks warning

------------------

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

I don't buy apple products for a completly different reason: I just don't like Apple.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Well...not quite the patriot for the right reasons, but we will let it slip this time.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Well here is the thing: I want as many products as humanly possible that the US needs or wants produced here in the US. As I have stated before, our current tax system is the biggest reason why we outsource labor and manufacturing (and others like minimum wage and some thinking American's have more of a right to make $5.15 an hour than some kid in China).

But say Japan makes an MP3 player and it costs $200. Well, here in the US we might be able to make the exact same one for $230. Who do we buy it from? Japan. If we remove all the imbedded taxes from our MP3 player and drop the income tax, the same MP3 made here in the US would probably cost $190-$200. And that cost would INCLUDE a federal tax on it. It's the FairTax. I don't really want to go about explaining it, but it's a good idea. It puts more money into our pockets and reduces the size of the government and increases business.

But as far as making anything in sweatshops in a foreign country.. no. I do not advocate that.

I remember when Michael Jorden heard that Nike shoes were being made in Sweatshops. He wasn't very pleased.

8. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

America and China have a pretty good relationship, actually.

Did you happen to know that Mr. Hu, the Chinese president, visited the US a few months back? Even visited the white house.

Sure the relationship is a bit strained by China's history and human rights violations and manipulation of its currency but given all that, we do pretty good with them.

So.
    Did you have a point other than this fictional anti-chinese stance of American politics?
    I mean, it's fairly obvious that we should hate them. After all they are dirty commie pinko bastards and everything. Plus they're short and brown. Funny looking with strange names. All the American stereotypes would have us hating them, but that's just not the way it is.

You're not still caught up in stereotype, are you?

9. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

You could suggest that Apples employment of people in China is actually aiding their Human Rights.

Simply those chinese are working in an environment that might be seen as safer and fairer than other environments. I say this on the basis that such companies as Apple will attempt to make sure that there factories don't turn into facist labour camps, as if they did would the public still buy Ipods?

This is of course where the Money comes into it, yes it's sourced to a country that is considerably cheap labour and why most of us western cultures have become so Import friendly. You can say "It does people out of jobs" however most of those people that are out of work are so for a reason and it's not usually because they lost their job, it's usually for other reasons.

I do admit though it's Ironic, for years the US claimed that Capitalism was the way forwards and Communism was wrong and now the Communists are probably the largest Capitalists.

10. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Hey, I don't buy Apple, so I'm all good. Ipods are highly overrated anyways. And talk about excessively exploited too. How many of you have seen the list of accessories they have? They have soooo many, most are so stupid. An Ipod DJ mixing table? Gloves specially made to use an Ipod? All kinds of weird and useless stuff, lol.

- N

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Speak for yourself; I use mine for music, photos, university lecture podcasts and as a flashdrive to hold my experimental data and image backups. Its 30 GB of pure usefulness.

12. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

The message is that corporate life is the enemy. And how inconsistent we all are. And how much full of shit we all are.

And how we kill our own societies because we are selfish fucks who think we need iPods to be happy.

You can pick many themes.

Apparently you picked the stereotype.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2006
  13. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Another terrorist!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/5274040.stm

This savage looking terrorist (see beard) solved one of the hardest problems in math.

When offered the freedom loving price of 15.000 $ (canadian) he refused! A delegation was send to St Petersburg to determine if their was a simple mistake going on. No, his vision on life prevented him from taking the price money! Never before have we seen such a vile act of anti-freedom loving terrorism!

14. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

i am a material minimalist.
    i still use the same cd player from 1997. how UN-AMERICAN!!!
    luckily, im with a woman that feels the same way i do about possessions.

apple hasnt made a decent product since the green & black screen computers they made for my grade school classrom. and i only thought they were awesome because i had never seen a computer before.
    that, and i was an impressionable child.

15. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

You can't use the terrorist anti freedom ploy on that guy. He's Russian, so you have to switch to Reagan-mode, and play up the 'commie angle'. His refusal to accept the money, and his understanding of math somehow threatens the nuclear arms treaty (his solution to P.C. = doughnut shaped nukes).

16. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Duh.

Russian delivered weapons and weapons technology to the Iranians.

17. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

Weapons of mass destruction are suspected to be contained in a secret compartment under his proof. They haven't been able to find any however as they believe it's camoflaged by some sort of new paradoxical surface.

18. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Dam...those ruskies are sneaky bastards!

19. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

What isn't made in China these days? I wouldn't be surpised if my computer was made there. It's for this reason that I would not have any qualms about buying yet another item made in China.

Also, if hating a particular OS and the company that dispenses it is all the reason someone has or needs to be patriotic (or unpatriotic) — or the other way around — then they have problems. And this goes for both anti-Apple and anti-Microsoft people equally. Your OS preferences and your patriotism are two fucking separate issues, people.

20. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Well, no. Corporations do not care about you or the country you live in.

They care about selling stuff to you. They care about getting something cheap from you (such as labour, or know-how).

The current trend of globalization will destroy society as we know it.

Especially if there are people who do not care where an 'OS' is made. iPod is not an OS btw.

The society you live in is your country. If you don't give a shit about your country you are usually labeled as unpatriotic under any nomenclature.

21. alain du hast mich Registered Senior Member

I don't buy anything from apple because they spend more money making their products shiny and advertising them then on actually making them good.

22. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Doesn't that apply to most companies?

23. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Unfortunately yes. That's what competition and capitalism does for you. Make products shinier.

You don't need quality. You can buy an image of quality.