Juego bonito...futbol

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by sargentlard, Aug 22, 2006.

1. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Anyone else into the sport?

I don't know what struck me, but after the world cup i've gotten really into the sport. I play it all the time and when im at work im thinking about what new tricks I can make up.

I've been playing for about a month now and naturally I suck (Im not athletic at all, been fat all my life so I never took up sports untill about...well actually this year) but I what I love most is practicing ball control, keeping it in the air while standing in place.

I suck at offensive and defensive play however, can't really steal or keep the ball in my vicinity for shit. Thats what I really wanna get good at and thats what keeps me from joining in teams when asked to do so....any tips? sites, instructions? or practices to get better at that.

anyone else a fan who has their soccer stories?...coolest shit I can do is kick the ball in the air and then kick it again while doing a handstand...a little move I haven't gotten down yet (timing is hard) but im getting better at it.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Pete It's not rocket surgery Registered Senior Member

I play goalie in a social futsal squad, futsal being the officially sanctioned indoor version.

Futsal is great fun - it's played with five a side on a basketball size indoor court with a smaller ball (size 4)

My ball control is crap and my reflexes are shot, but I'm good at anticipating the play and yelling at the other guys

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

i stick to indoor football and basic football

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.