Is this funny?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by pasquala, Aug 21, 2006.

1. pasquala Living on a Prayer Registered Senior Member

Have you seen those commercials on TBS where people call in to the TBS hotline to ask if a certain situation is funny or not and weather they can laugh or not and just how much they are allowed to laugh? The latest one is where a woman calls in from work and tells the operator that the big boss is calling one of the employees by the wrong name and yet the employee has his name exposed everywhere.

Anyhow, I thought it might be fun to try something like that here.

Share a story, experience, or whatever of something that you or someone you know have experienced and think is funny. Then others will say weather or not it is funny and then share their story and so on.

I’ll start since I’m here already.

One time I had a doctor’s appt. with a doctor not from this country (USA) and he spoke in broken English. He wanted to turn the lights off and look in my eyes with one of those mini-flashlights that doctors use. He crossed the room to turn the light off and as he did I noticed that the examining table had a bottom drawer open (the one with tread on it so that people can step up on it to lay down on the exam table) The doctor told me to not be frightened when he turned out the lights. He turned out the lights. I saw the little flashlight come on as he started to move towards me in the dark. Then he tripped over that opened drawer and fell on the floor screaming in broken English, “Help me! GOD, Help me!” over and over as the light flashed vigorously all around the room. I tried not to laugh, but I couldn’t help myself. I ended up having to feel my way in the dark, across the room to the light switch and help him up off of the floor.

So you tell me….Is this funny?