Sciforum Addiction Explained.

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Teetotaler, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Teetotaler Registered Senior Member

For a while now, I have been wondering what draws an individual to sciforums and other similar sites. The answer has become apparent to me. The typical sciforum user has difficulties adapting in society. Maintaining relationships and holding intellectual conversation, outside of the Internet, is too difficult of a task for these people. Sciforums users are social outcasts, whether they admit it or not.

They usually hold beliefs that are incongruent with what society believes to be true. They, in fact, fear the act of sharing ideas in a personal exchange. Avoiding rejection, persecution, and assault; they find their way here. For example, Muslim has become a person we all know and love. He shares his fears and his conviction, as it relates to antifeminism. But in reality, there is none other that is more pathetic than he. More dejected than a hobbledehoy, Muslim makes pathetic attempts at force feeding garbage to a population wanting to be force fed.

Our next example comes from the Sciforum user known as G. F. Schleebenhorst. Every opportunity that he is given, G.F. makes a racist comment about those who descended from Africa. In the physical world, he is afraid to share these views. He could never muster up enough courage to tell a black man that his black women are all crack whores. People like G.F, make their way to the Internet to carry out all of the things that, in reality, are too cowardly to do.

What does this say for the, how may I say, credibility and worth of the topics discussed here? It quite simply means that all ideas, generated from sciforums, should be taken with a grain of salt. The inhabitants of this forum do not represent the world's true intellectuals. They are but outcasts; pretending in order to survive.

Teetotaler,

Last edited: Aug 21, 2006
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

OutKast are an American hip hop duo based out of Atlanta, Georgia.
    (thanks wiki)

Outcast may refer to:

* one who has been "cast out" or ostracised from a family, group, tribe, or nation.
    (thanks again wiki)

Unless that was intentional and you wanted someone to turn it around with;

I know you like to thank your shit don't stank
    But lean a little bit closer
    See that roses really smell like poo-poo-poooooo
    Yeah, roses really smell like poo-poo-poooooo

Apart from that I agree. I don't really have any friends I can talk to about the things I see on sciforums. It's not that I'm too ashamed, embarassed or scared, just I don't have anyone.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Teetotaler Registered Senior Member

Simple spelling error, my friend.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. perplexity Banned Banned

Deleted

Last edited: Mar 13, 2007
  8. Teetotaler Registered Senior Member

What did the English do when the Monarchy of 1660-1688 proved insufficient?

9. devils_reject Registered Senior Member

Almost everybody is an outcast one way or the other. Team players were last seen in Kindergarteen

10. patty-rick Registered Senior Member

Hey Im not a social outcast by any means, I read and write on these forums while im at work haha i find it interesting

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. riku_124 High School Smoker Registered Senior Member

im a outcast, i also live with kids who smoke and drink more thne thye study for school, i do school, and smoked, and i live o nsci forums, you guys are the firneds i put my ideas past before i put those toughts into school papers, i also ccome here for ideas for school projects, we are al loutcasts, but we are also here because we want to learn, some of us anyway, others are here to flame the SH!! out of people in the religous forums

12. perplexity Banned Banned

Deleted

13. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

I'm attracted to this place because I don't have any "smart" friends in real life. All of mine are average or below average... mostly because of the kinds of people I always wanted to hang out with and be like tend to be in this group. Though I suppose it's a good thing for them because I am always the problem solver among them.

The few smart people I have known tend to not interest me. That or I just pick the wrong ones, because Ill get into more arguements then it is worth. Another just turned into a drug addict. I find it's easier to live with average people.

14. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

I started using sciforums when I was in high school with a couple of friends. Back then, we just wanted to see what it was like- we thought it was harmless--- a post here--- a reply there.
    Later on, I started to feel like my day was not complete until I had checked the forums to see if there were any new posts...... then it became more and more fequent. I started checking once every few hours, then once every 10 minutes.
    I still didn't think I had a problem, and that I could quit sciforums anytime I wanted to. I didn't pay attention to the danger signs.
    After a while, I started to feel like I couldn't go on without sciforums. My wife and family and friends kept telling me I seemed different somehow, and kept asking me if I was ok.
    I knew I was getting really bad when I lost my job because they caught me in the bathroom with my laptop computer......but it didn't stop there.
    I began to run low on money, and I started selling my possesions just so I could get one more month of internet. When my stuff was all gone, I started stealing from people that were close to me......arguing....begging the ISP not to cut me off. Then my wife got sick of it, and left me...... my family also started to push me away.
    When I started selling my body on the streets, I knew I had hit rock bottom.

So last month, I go to the clinic, and the doc tells me I have terminal forumitus, and I only have 6 months to live.

Don't be like me.......you can make the right choices before it's too late!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2006
  15. riku_124 High School Smoker Registered Senior Member

demosticated om! right on man! right on! you need to go to school, and teach hcildren about it!

16. perplexity Banned Banned

Deleted

17. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

18. patty-rick Registered Senior Member

(Not attacking anyone in particular)
    And then there is the wanky intellectual types that wont listen to a word of most people, whats worse?

19. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Yes, I am an outcast. I admit it.

Because I am married. Have 2 children. Have friends. Have a job. Have a PhD. Published scientific articles. Have my name on 2 book chapters (stem cells and tissue engineering). Founded a journal once and organized parties. Traveled the world a bit. I am even happy with my life.

That said, I am a total weirdo. And an outcast. With 13.000+ posts.

Eat that.

20. patty-rick Registered Senior Member

I think that summed up the uselessness of this thread

21. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

It was said that a typical SF poster has those qualities.

You aren't typical. LOL.

Most people here probably are a bit on the loner side. But I don't know anyone on this board personally... so I may not be the judge.

22. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

That's what you get when writing a statistical paper you take the statistics from thin air, i.e., imagination.

23. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

im an outcast untill i go back to school