Tool!

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Thomas, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Thomas "God is a Dick"- Me Registered Senior Member

God damn it. i need to see tool in concert.i can never get tickets! Anybody going to see them. Does anybody like tool?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. makeshift Registered Senior Member

Of course. Tool is the man. You don't even realize how long their songs are cause you just get so sucked in. Maynard is an awesome lyricist too. But no, I haven't seen them live. I've heard they are fucking insane live. I've heard their live recordings and those guys are incredibly tight, especially considering how complex some of their songs are. I wonder what kind of drugs they do.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Thomas "God is a Dick"- Me Registered Senior Member

Hahaha! I know, they're the fucking shiot. I wish i knew what kinda drugs they do,i would love to write music like theirs, with out it sounding like a complete rip-off of course.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

I've seen Tool live. I saw them back in 1994 along with Failure.

8. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

they were at download this year but i couldnt go

9. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

i HATE tool's music, but i go see them whenever they play near me...their live show kicks my ass all over the place.
    i have to have seen them 10 times since 1997 at lollapalooza.

10. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

Personally I don't get why everyone likes Tool so much....their songs are all build up....build up....build up....yeah man when this 5 minute build up finishes something really cool is going to happen....build up....build up....shitty 3-chord chorus

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

i prefere bands like metallica, megadeth pantera etc... as there music seems to string along better

12. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

I love Tool. Their music qualifies as "trippy," a discussion that is going on in another forum. Sounds like that's what Schleeb doesn't like, those excruciatingly slow dynamics like a lot of my favorite acid rock tracks. He probably can't stand vintage Tangerine Dream.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

No, I've never seen them but I would like to. I saw Filter a couple of years ago in a small venue. Not trippy but they have a lot of other qualities in common. I would love to see The Mars Volta.

Metallica is cool. Followed them from their breathless speed metal days when they opened for Ozzy, up to the double-headliner Rose Bowl gig with GnR.

13. LeeDa Danger! Read with caution. Registered Senior Member

I used to listen to Aenima in my car with my 50 + 1 disc changer and 4 X 12" subs all the time.

14. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

I listen to pantera now and again in my...... in dash 6 cd changer and standard speakers! I pump it up til all the plastic rattles in my car.. yeahhh!