Cop becomes Radha for Krishna

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by S.A.M., Aug 18, 2006.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

http://www.rediff.com/news/2005/nov/17radha.htm

The Inspector General of Police, Lucknow, who has been dressing up and living for over a decade as Radha, the beloved of Lord Krishna, now faces the charges of breaching the police dress code and may have to see a psychologist.

A probe carried out by the Uttar Pradesh police into the controversy arising out of the IG (Rules and Manuals) D K Panda, a 1971 batch officer of the Indian Police Service, living life as 'Radha' for the past 15 years, has reportedly found him guilty of breaching the police dress code and service rules by appearing in public as a woman.

In the report submitted to the government by Director General of Police Yashpal Singh on Wednesday, a two-member committee also reportedly recommended sending Panda before the State Medical Committee for psychological evaluation, police sources said on Thursday.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Question: Why did it take 15 years for the police to realise he was breaking the dress code? Is this the real motive for his investigation?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

What's the state of the moustache growing culture in India? Is it cool to have a moustache or cool to shave it off?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

No rule any which way. Depends on your mug I guess.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. John99 Banned Banned

Sam, you know in U.S we have hardly any knowledge of Indian culture. The funny thing is in the town next to mine (upscale suberbia

) there is a large Indian comminity they often build brick mini mansion's and the seem to have good taste....

Except when it comes to food that is, and many people dont know they eat w\ their hands, especially the old people.

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

We are a colorful people with a zest for music, gossip and life.

I eat with my fingers too; though I can do the silverware and the chopsticks.
    Tastes better somehow.

9. John99 Banned Banned

I knew there was a reason for it

10. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that sweat is salty

11. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

have you ever read "ishmael"?
    there is excellent commentary about how a man's food lost it's soul when he was forced to eat with silverware...
    i dont understand it, but eh...different strokes.

12. lightgigantic Banned Banned

Actually there is a historical precedent for this sort of thing - it is known as sahajiyaism and is understood to be a deviation from the established path of spiritual advancement .....

"The class known as prakrta-sahajiya, who consider the transcendental pastimes of Lord Krsna something like the behavior between a man and a woman in the material field, artificially think that hearing the rasa-lila will help them by diminishing the lusty desires of their diseased hearts. But because they do not follow the regulative principles but instead violate even ordinary morals, their contemplation of rasa-lila is a futile attempt, which sometimes results in their imitating the dealings of the gopis and Lord Krsna. To forbid such habits of the prakrta-sahajiyas, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu has excluded their material intelligence by using the word visvasa ("faith")."

Caitanya-caritamrta, Antya lila 5:45-46

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Is that the novel by Quinn? It's on my TBR mountain.

14. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

i was mistaken....i meant the book "The Life Of Pi".
    it is about a boy trapped on a lifeboat with a bengalese tiger from his father's indian zoo.
    put it at the top of your mountain.

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I read it when it first came out! I love it!

(PS Bengal tiger; its a classification. I doubt the tiger speaks Bengali)