Hapsburg's Pics

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by Hapsburg, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

In response to this:
    I thus begin, the Hapsburg's Pics Thread.
    My newest one, a scene from the 1640 Fall of Vienna, a battle within the Demon Invasion part of my Sorrow of the Samurai epic story.

Defending the Wall.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Depicting a pikeman impaling a leaping Ourri (a commonly used assault troop in the demon army), during the second night of the battle. The Ourri are vicious, fast, and strong, and think nothing of feasting on a live human. Many of these infiltrated the defensive walls around the city, thinning the defending forces before the actual assault.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2006
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

That thing kind of reminds me of Marge Simpson.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

How did he get the lance into a position to stab it? Or did it fly onto the lance (and then halfway down it - which would be an incredibly stupid thing to do. I mean, you would've thought the first 2 inches or so would've... hurt).

P.S. Why are you sitting in drawing all these pictures at your age? Shouldn't you be out playing football or stealing cars or something?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

The thing jumped from a long-ish distance, and the guy had time to grab the pike and put it up, just in time for the thing to slam into it. It's halfway down due to the momentum of its leap.

I don't like sports and I don't have a permit.

Here's another one, from the same battle, just in the field and during the first day of the fight.
    Fall of the Elven King.

Depicting King Carl XI of Vellicia, while fighting a Minotaur. Carl, who ruled the Kingdom of Vellicia from 1621 to his death, fought and died valiantly in the climactic 1640 Battle of Vienna. He reportedly took several arrow wounds, and lost a leg and both arms before finally bleeding to death.

8. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

Ummmm arrows don't just go through plate armour, that's generally the reason for wearing it....are those special arrows or something?

9. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Bodkin points - arrows do go through armour.

10. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

1. They're bodkin point.

2. The arrow was fired from a demon crossbow, with higher velocity than normal arrows.

11. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

1) Iron bodkin arrowheads do not go through plate armour. They bend on impact. Many tests have been done on this subject. Bodkin arrowheads penetrating plate armour is simply a myth....besides, what you drew are plainly not bodkin arrowheads anyway. Are we talking about a particularly shit set of plate armour? I imagine a king could afford a pretty high quality set of armour....is the material the armour is fashioned from lower quality than the arrow?

2) Arrows are not "fired".

3) Crossbows do not shoot arrows.

4) Yes, I know your story is fantasy.

12. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Crossbow bolt...arrow...whatever, same thing in principle- a pointy projectile meant to penetrate armor and flesh.

Now, onto the next pic...
    Also from that battle, this time depicting the final destruction and obliteration of the Vienna, after a long and bloody battle. And, yes, it is very large.
    Fall of Vienna.

Though the defenders fought valiantly and bravely, the demon army broke the wall of the city, and slaughtered the inhabitants and the defending army. Dragons flew above, scorching and immolating buildings, including the Hofburg palace. Lord Develin, the winged son of the God of Fire, devastated the center of the city, filling the streets with fire. And then, Lord Dark Alden, chief commander of the demon army and second-in-command of the demon empire, rose above the fary, and he was followed by the dragons and by Lord Develin. He concentrated a massive burst of energy into his palm, and he loosed it upon the half-charred capitol, and turned the entire city into a raging fireball, utterly annihilating Vienna, wiping it off the face of the earth.

13. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

I'm not calling you an idiot or anything, but how old are you Hapsburg?

14. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Sixteen. I must admit, I do have limited knowledge of terminology for crossbows and bows, and archery in general.

15. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

Fair enough, are you writing a book or something?

16. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Yes, actually . Me and two of my friends are co-writing a story, which traces the duality of these two characters, the hero, Kyotoro Minamyoto, and the villain, Yoshiro Tetsukari, from 1563 to 1651. Through it, they rise and fall, die and are reborn, and take on destinies that force them to confront each other. This whole thing happens on a backdrop in which mythological creatures and elves exist, where a pantheon of millions of gods exist, and where demons and monsters exist. One character, Yoshiro, takes control of the demons in order to fufill his ambition to rule over all and bring chaos to the every corner of the universe., and the other, Kyotoro, takes on the task of destroying Yoshiro and of bringing order and balance to the world.

Anyway...here's another battle-pic. Fieldmarshal Albert von Wallenstein, commanding officer of the Survivalist Pact forces, prepares to take one last charge in his fight with Lord Develin, the leading field commander of
    the Demon Army.

17. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Did this a while ago.
    From my Sorrow of the Samurai Timeline.
    The Coronation of Emperor George I of America, c.1838

It depicts the coronation ceremony of Emperor George I in the rebuilt Capitol Building, investing the son of the George Washington with the powers and authority as the first Emperor of the United States. To avoid religious connotations, he is crowned by the President of the Senate, and with a roman-style wreath of golden oakleaves as the crown.

18. Roman Banned Banned

Depends who's shooting the arrows. I imagine a minotaur with a bow could make some awefully deep holes.

19. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Long bows were the killers of plate armor.

- N

20. Roman Banned Banned

Nope.

Capitalism killed the knight and his plate went out of fashion.

21. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Regardless, the arrow isn't what kills this particular knight (or rather, elven king). He eventually dies after losing both arms and a leg, which cause massive blood loss.

22. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

My latest pic.
    The Final Battle.

In 1651, finally convinced that the only way to end the 35-year long Survival War, and finally put an end to the Demon Invasion, Kyotoro Minamyoto, endowed with the powers of the God of Light, returned by ship to Japan, the seat of Yoshiro's hell on earth. He landed at Okinawa, duelled and slew Yoshiro's apprentice, Dark Alden, and retrieved a powerful gem that nearly doubled the power of his sacred armor, the White Diamond Armor. He continued on to the main islands, and there he gathered a force of loyal Japanese, and rebelled against the God of Chaos, Yoshiro. The rebels met the demon occupational forces near Mount Fuji. As the battle for the rebel's lives began below, the final battle for the world began at the mountain's top, between Kyotoro and Yoshiro.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2006
  23. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Yoshiro Destroys Castle Ciechanow.