New Fall Series!

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by pragmathen, Aug 7, 2006.

1. pragmathen 0001 1111 Registered Senior Member

This Fall [2006], there will be several new series vying for your attention. Which ones will you watch? How about some of these?

Help! I'm Drowning!
    Steve Clark, avid swimmer and small-town hero, finds himself in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. His diving boat has left him, he's lost all his scuba gear and he's got cramps in both of his calves. The waves are getting dicey and it doesn't look like he'll be able to last long treading water. In the opening pilot, Steve starts to dip underneath the surface, taking in gulps of salt-water and choking them back up. CBS intends that this particular series go for 11 episodes with an option for a second season next year.

I'm Falling!
    Gerald McCroskey thought he had it all, then his bank account registered zero one morning. He felt all his future plans in life slipping away from him. With suicidal thoughts running through his mind, he leaps off a very tall building. As he plummets to his certain death, Gerald recalls early moments in his life leading up to this situation. His one hope is that he can figure out who set him up before he hits the ground. ABC is hoping this series will catapult them back into the top running and is planning something especially tantalizing with one of the episodes during Sweeps Week.

My Car Is Crashing!
    Sarah Folgers found herself in a predicament entirely out of one of her frequent nightmares--her Ford SUV was barrelling out of control, right after she had dropped off her kids for soccer practice. As an approaching van swerves into her lane, Sarah over-corrects, sending the sport-utility vehicle end over end. NBC is staking its reputation on this 9-episode thriller and even has the confidence to announce that next season will boast Sarah's return in My Car has Come to a Complete Stop!

I don't know about all of you, but I can hardly wait to see how all of these turn out. Hopefully <fingers crossed>, these stations can figure out ways to keep them going if they turn out to be as good as they think.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

hmph, they bring this shit and yet wont bring back angel

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Sgal Principessa Registered Senior Member

There is also a new fall series called Betty. Judging from the advertisements it seems to be about a high school girl named Betty who appears nerdy however she is the only sane one and other people who appear to be cool are not nice people. It seems like the same story line just repeating itself in different series. Maybe the way they show it will be new and creative however I doubt it. Looks like another show that will be cancelled.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

The guy who plays angel has a really big head.

He also looks like a Polish serial killer.

That will be all.

8. pragmathen 0001 1111 Registered Senior Member

Here's another new one that I just barely heard about:

You've Caught Me On the Phone!
    Kelly Saunders, single-mother of three bratty kids, gets an unexpected call from one of her childhood friends. The drama sets in when Kelly continues talking on the phone, yet she is constantly interrupted by neighborly housecalls and the clamoring from her brood. The WB hopes this new series will firestart its season and kick it off to a good start; the network admits it will be difficult to think of scenarios in which Kelly is always on the phone with the friend, but feels the writers are up to the task.

Looks promising, but I guess we'll see...