'western' technology

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by mato, Feb 6, 2002.

1. mato Registered Member

I am some what disterbed that all of western technology fails to follow simple renewable paths and that it is all completely 'unatural' and thus doomed to destruction. I am some what of a dreamer and a bit crazy at that, my ideas for the furture of this species and planet are probably considered weird by most people's standards however it is so simple and so obvious; man and machine can not coexist, thus man and machine must become one. Western technology destroys and creates nothing but poison and death and are thus incompatible with survival let alone the future. There must then be a new technological shift, one which is organic in nature and one that is renewable and sustainable as well as maliable to our needs. I therefore believe that through the decaying corpse that is western technology there shall arise through genetic engenering the new form that I speak, and through that shall the future be created.
    However the dying body of western knowledge refuses to fade away and it seeks through government legeslation to prevent new technologies from being developed. Western thinking says that such things are not only wrong but EVIL! Survival is not evil, survival was the basis of the definition between good and evil and yet through the dying giant the definition has become altered and ultimatly currupted by self destruction. Is it playing god to survive the end of western civilization? Is it playing god to live a life that is based around life and not death? Is is playing god to dramaticly and dangerously alter cells with the intent of creating a living technology that is better suited to adaptation and indeed evolution according to my needs and desires? Ok the last one is affermative, however the future lies in genetic engeniering (sp) and creation of living technologies to serve our needs! Slavery no no more than your dog is a slave, no more than your parrot is a slave, no more than your gold fish (in the early development any way) is a slave!
    In the race for survival the only thing that counts is survival morals ethics and 'divine laws' are all secondary, the only prize worth getting is life! No ammount of legislation or moral arguing will alter the wave of the future, through legal or illegal means the technology will be created and sustained and soon... soon there shall be nothing stopping organic technologies! The future is in Bio technologies!!! God be damned, there will be life beyond his death!

(note: I know I cant spell, get over it! Well shoot I found the spell check seconds after I hit post! lol)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

By polluting Western technologies, do you mean the almost completely clean nuclear reactor in Sydney, the solar power farms in the USA, and the massive wind power arrays in Denmark? Just curious.

BTW: Have you ever seen any Aisan countries? You would not believe the polkution in some places I've been. But they aren't quite Western...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

Mato - I mean no disrespect or insult. It was just that as I was reading your post, I had an image flash into my brain. Mork & Mindy watchers will understand...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Peace.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

All hail exedor! Nanoo-nanoo!

8. mato Registered Member

it's been some time scence I have seen that show... Any way the technologies are all based on destruction and if not controlled properly the neuclear plant can and will wipe out all but a few micro organisms in a given radios, the solar energy is but a shadow of what I can do with solar light! It is still based on death and destruction for it's creation and maintnance. No not all pollution is western technologies fault and a good deal of it is modern agraculture's but it will not be agraculture that drives man to the brink of extinction! yes it will and has brought down several other species but soon they there will be new creatures to fill there place, creatures of my creation creatures to serve me! Think about it, an internet based on the impulses of plant/animal genetically altered organisms! Or the movement of thoughts freely from one person to another via a system of micro organisms engulfing the planet! Or A living computer that grows according to your needs! Or free energy to any who wish it, they must only step outside into the sun. Perhaps these are all theorectical right now but in a few short years they will become fact and then the days of pollution and death by industrial 'accidents' will be at an end! The earth she shall be green once again.

Space travel is something that will be revolutionized, think about it, a colony that grows itself, a planet that teraforms itself, a few seeds and the planet becomes hospitable within decades if not years! A few more seeds and there is an ecosystem not unlike our own on alien soil! Living ships that are as one with the captain and crew. Creatures so alien to us of our own creation! Once the small things have been worked out there is no stopping creation from spreeding. Instead of refueling a ship would set down to eat! Breed! And they would all be created to our specifications! A single ship could create a fleet in a few months! A fleet could populate the solar system within years! Then the big task of creating a 'mother ship' one that will travel the vast distances between stars feeding sparringly growing slowly and living in the harsh conditions of space with no assistance or stops! Space stations that grow themselves! Set a seed down on any astroid or passing heavenly body and in a few short years you will have a full grown space station!

why terriform, isnt it just easier to bioform? Introduce a few choice strands of dna with a massive recombinating cocktail and the children (if not the parents who will have to be machanically altered for now) will be capable of survival in any given environment! Think about it not only disigner kids but disigner armys! The perfect human being created within the confines of a labratory and grown as a normal child would. Why stop there why not make the organic ships and colonies with the ability to create their own humans! One dies they just create a new one. Works out well for space travel and so long as a single seed survives any given desastor there will be survival (so long as it finds itself on hard 'ground'). War would be not only a thing of the past but also a thing of myth!!! Any way I am insane to tell you the truth however the only thing that matters is survival only the insane would dare say otherwise.

9. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

There you are expressing a grand vision of human future and WHAM!!
    Designer armies. That is the reason that man needs to slow down in his race for technological advancement. There is always someone who wants to pervert advancement for the purpose of personal, regional or national power.

Very sad.

Peace.

10. SeekerOfTruth Unemployed, but Looking Registered Senior Member

Another thing. At what point does the result of our biological manipulation of humanity become a different species? Do we classify someone who has been genetically altered to have gills and be able to breath underwater as a human being?

Does it matter?

I think it does if we either purposely or accidently create a biologically diverse creature that would compete with us for our resources.

At that point, we may have engineered the human race out of existence.

11. mato Registered Member

true enough however I am going to need funding for my research and development and how is the world to maintain order if it is not my order? (joking...)

How do you think the world will be in a few years, is it going to under go a massive political shift and suddenly be a peacefull planet of green? Or is it going to be much the same and is the demand for soldiers going to still be there when Human Cloning starts to take place? What about when we start fudging with the genetic information is ouyr goal going to be to make the child smarter or stronger? I am a very realistic person (for a dreamer) I say why wait for the next war when there is so much at stake. An army is the logical use of such technologies for humanity as it is. Why? Because humans are a violent and stupid race. My opinion is of forced evolution, evolve or die and I am not above using super soldiers to enforce such philosophys.

Any way humanity as it is is doomed to extinction so why not help it along by supplying it with armies? (again joking)

12. kmguru Staff Member

The struggle between social control by the old guard and the new paradigm shift will continue until a threshold is reached and a new leader takes us to the new path. It will happen may be in 10 years or so. I will not describe the key, because the old guard will try to control. But...eventually...it will happen...

13. mato Registered Member

Just save yourselves some time and alot of lives, Vote Me Your New Supreme Ruler! I promise nothing! Whoo hoo!!! (joke)

Ya supposidly arent we to be indoctrinated into the interplanetary leage of worlds or something, I read that book/billions of web sites too. Free Energy! Whoo Hoo!!! Edison's dream will finally come true. (joke)I'm gonna make so much toast...(/joke) Now tell me is it through simplified cold fusion (which is already making it's rounds) or that free flow electron idea? Either way the old world is doomed! Whoo Hoo!!!

14. kmguru Staff Member

I had a dream last night that we had a major planet-wide economic disaster and that a major summit was taking place in Washington DC. Guess what? I was invited! (it was my dream!). George Bush was not the president. So, either it is going to take place in the future or it could be happening in another earth in another dimension (dream - the result of reading about super string theory...)

15. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Ahem.

Umm, if you can, name a single "natural path" for anything that doesn't ultimately end in some means of natural "destruction".

That's what i thought.

Perhaps the key word in your considerations is "simple"?

Oops. There I go with the negativism, again.

Well, what the Hell. It serves me.

Oh. Perhaps you should consider that Western medical and food-related technologies, amongst a plethora of other Western technologies, actually have increasesd natural human longevity. The North and the South are pretty non-contributive, and the East did its thing centuries ago (and they still talk about it to no real modern affect).

What were you saying about unNatural?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2002
  16. mato Registered Member

I am talking about bio engeneering mankind to survive as an ecosystem instead of it's current insanity of destroying the ours. An ecosystem is self sustaining and can potentionally remain undisterbed without interferance. That is what I am talking about, individuals are irrelevent, as within the ecosystem mankind would exist not seperate from it, but as an aspect of it. Think about it a few million years from now 'humanity' totally merged with other creatures and the ecosystem, a single mind and a single form for any given closed system which could then be integrated into a larger system and then redeployed within seconds. Yes I am talking about organic 'borg' as there is no future as humanity is, and resistance is futile.

Why go to all the trouble of creating a nano prob or simmilar technologies when all you have to do is alter existing organisms to function as you need them to. Bio engeneering the human race using a virus, bacteria and squirels! Muahahaha!!!

17. kmguru Staff Member

Whatever you do...the purpose is to be fruitful and multiply...not just on this little planet all alone, but throughout galaxy and beyond...

Nature made us to fulfill that task...and we shall...it is as simple as that...if we do not, another civilization will replace us to continue in that direction....this is the destiny of mankind...