Avenged Sevenfold (A7X)

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by gizmo580, May 20, 2006.

1. gizmo580 Registered Member

Has anyone here heard of them? What do you think of them??

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. AmishRakeFight Remember, remember. Registered Senior Member

Their drummer is amazing, their guitarists are amazing, and their singer is terrible.

End of story.

AmishRakeFight

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

a bit like megadeth then

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. gizmo580 Registered Member

I think they are extremely talented. I especially love their new stuff. I'm not sure why people hated them because m shadows stopped screaming.
    weird. hah.

8. AmishRakeFight Remember, remember. Registered Senior Member

I think their new stuff isn't anywhere as good as Waking the Fallen or Sounding the Seven Trumpets, but its efficient.

AmishRakeFight

9. The Conjuration Registered Member

When their Bat Country song comes on the radio I leave it on and enjoy it, but they appear to be just another pop/metal group to come out of the 00's.....I could be wrong though, I've never really listened to them.

10. gizmo580 Registered Member

Yeah, they get a bad rep just because they don't give a fuck what people think.
    yeah, waking the fallen and sounding the seventh trumpet are frickin amazing.
    but they made a GREAT change with city of evil.
    has anyone ever seen them live?

11. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Technically impressive, can't stand the singer's voice.

12. RubiksMaster Real eyes realize real lies Registered Senior Member

I rather like them. I don't have a problem with his voice. I really like the song Bat Country. And I might get to see them in concert! I hope I do.

13. esoterik appeal h. pylori Registered Senior Member

guitarists are about the only good thing to come out of the eighties...

14. shaman_ Registered Senior Member

I only have City of Evil but I like it. I'm going to get their other stuff.

15. certified psycho Beware of the Shockie Monkey Registered Senior Member

Although they are talented musicans something about the singer and the guitarist just makes me want to shoot them.

16. to be honest, i have thought they sucked since about '98. they were a ripoff melodic metalcore band when they started, trying to cash in on a trend that about 11,000 other bands were doing better than they were. now they got into a studio with some money and a producer and sound like the bastard child of guns n roses and at the gates, but they look like their gothed -out emo grandchildren. its basically garbage dressed up to look like a treasure.
    i saw them about 4 years ago and i was thoroughly unimpressed. however, i am pretty jaded when it comes to the topic of "whether any bands on the radio are actually worth listening to".

17. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

So you don't like them?

18. in a nutshell. however, i prefer to give background as to why all the time. it helps me improve my keyboarding skills to type a paragraph long response to a question that could have been answered with two words.

19. Sailing to Arcadia Registered Member

They are crappy pop-punk, and give the genre punk a bad name. Awful American trash.

20. i don't think i like them any more than you do, but they aren't pop-punk, and that particular genre gives itself a bad name without needing any help from the new wave of glam metal.

21. Sailing to Arcadia Registered Member

While chatting to an "A7X fanatic" he claimed they were pop punk and metal. I laughed in his face and burned his shitty emo hair.

I didn't really.

But I wish I did.

22. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

hahahaha....good imagery.

23. i just pictured a dude in girls jeans and a white belt and makeup running around with his faux-hawk in flames. if it were only true.