Neil Young's Living With War

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by Neildo, May 2, 2006.

1. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Has anyone listened to Neil Young's new album, Living With War? It's currently being played on the internet before being released in stores. Here's a link to the whole album:

http://www.hyfntrak.com/neilyoung2/AFF23130/

It's darned good. Powerful lyrics too. Album of the year, I bet.

- N

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kazakhan Registered Abuser Registered Senior Member

Thanks for that link. I seen an interview with him recently about this album and he was whining about the fact that no young muso's were taking up the issues...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. stretched a junkie's broken promise Valued Senior Member

Heh. This album even made a slot on the conspiracy site davidicke.com. I am looking forward to hearing it. Political statement, not entirely characteristic of him to be so forthright. But I understand the sentiment. Bush is wrecking America. I have every album Neil Young ever released. I think. Barring bootlegs that may have escaped my clutches. Hey hey, my my...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Pi-Sudoku Slightly extreme Registered Senior Member

i haven't heard of this album, i loved Prairie wind, i gope this is as good

8. duendy Registered Senior Member

blew my mind other day when i was reading about it, and article said how he'd been behind Reagan!!!!!!!!!!!!!...twisted my fkin braincells that one. i remember listening to hs After te Goldrush in 1971 just when i began experimenting wit LSD. whnever i hear tracks from it, the nostagia is gut wrnchingly moving

but REAGANNNNNNN??? fukin HELL

however. am glad at LAST he's recovered his senses

9. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Have you listened to it yet? Whatcha think, if so?

Anyways, one of the reasons why you may not have heard about it is because it took him only 3 weeks to put together and 3 days to record. His creative juices were flowing and he's also waited too long for someone else to do it as he says:

"I was waiting for someone to come along, some young singer 18 to 22 years old, to write these songs and stand up," Young told the L.A. Times. "I waited a long time. Then I decided that maybe the generation that has to do this is still the '60s generation. We're still here."

Has anyone else listened to it yet? I've heard it around 18 times so far, heh.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

- N