Please review some music I have made!

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by Sci-Phenomena, May 1, 2006.

1. Sci-Phenomena Reality is in the Minds Eye Registered Senior Member

Hello sciforums, Ive posted some music online and I would like you all to go listen to my songs and tell me what you think. Positive or negative

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

manmadeflyingsaucers music

Thanks!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

I liked Grey Forest, and Preparing was interesting. What delay did you use?
    Of the other two, I preferred Rockbox, but I think you should remix it and bring up the drums, maybe use some sampled loops. Simple stuff but pretty moody, well done!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. crazyfreespirit "Custom User Title" Registered Senior Member

I absolutely loved Rockbox-it reminded me of the music in the "Matrix" movies. Preparing was cool, and kind of creepy-it reminded me of the movie "28 Days Later". Its kind of wierd that two of the song reminded me of movies. The Technology was interesting, and Grey Forest was nice.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Sci-Phenomena Reality is in the Minds Eye Registered Senior Member

I believe I used a flanger and a delay combined in Acid Pro. (its been a while since I made Preparing, so Im not exactly sure)

Yeah, I think Rockbox could use some work on the drums, no piece of music is perfect

I get that alot (refering to sound tracks for movies) I think I would really enjoy working on a movie sound track!

Hey, Thanks for the reviews you guys!

8. RubiksMaster Real eyes realize real lies Registered Senior Member

It's pretty good. Nice and dark! I've been experimenting with Fruity Loops myself lately, but I haven't actually made any songs worth listening to. I liked RockBox the best. I agree that the percussion needs some work. It's a little weak right now. Industrial music should have harder, punchier drums. Maybe play around with some compression, or drum layering if you are any good with that. Or at least bring the levels up a bit, and bring in the bass kick a little harder. But overall, it's not that bad.