Silent Hill

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by sargentlard, May 1, 2006.

1. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Ok, saw the movie, liked it. Has a lot of very well done, extremely creepy imagery (note: bathroom janitor and dude with the knife for those who have seen the movie). Liked the plot and all that but one thing left me confused; the ending.

I have never played the game so I don't know how true to source the movie was. I only saw the movie for the movie itself and frankly the ending makes no sense. For those who have seen the movie I have a few questions below...in white color font.

*****SPOILERS*****

*****SPOILERS*****

*****SPOILERS*****

Are they both dead or what? How are they still stuck in a foggy world, a parallel dimension to the real world? Does the demon place itself inside the little girl when she opens her eye at the end and sees the demon looking at her?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Nasor Valued Senior Member

I'm all confused about the timeline - was the coal fire supposed to have been started by the same fire that burned the girl? If so, then why did it appear that she was in the hospital for a long time before she made her deal with the demon?

Last edited: May 4, 2006
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Yes, that too. Didn't make much sense, especially when Gucci (the cop) says they never had enough time to evacuate the town.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

Play the games, they have 120% more oddness. Like pyramid head, although I heard that was in the movie also?

8. phrogget Registered Member

I think we're supposed to wait, and find out the answers in silent hill 2 which they will be undoubtably making. That's what I assumed.
    I'm pretty sure the demon is in the little girl though.

9. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

without spoiling it can someone tell me if it is worth watching the film

10. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

*SPOILERS IN POST*

I played the game a long time ago on the PS2. The game basically takes place in the haunted town, and you play the role of an investigator. The storyline in the movie has nothing to do with the game, so don't worry about it.

I saw it last weekend, and the mother, daughter and cop all died at the beginning of the movie, so they were dead the entire time. Since the daughter has that connection to the haunted town which is revealed at the end of the movie, this brings them into a typw of "underworld" where the hate from the girl and the incident that happened many years ago still lingers. Basically, they are dead from the start. The father and investigator can not find them because they are dead.

I gathered that if you die in that world, then you go to the "hate" world created by the girl who got raped and later burned.

11. phrogget Registered Member

Yes, it's worth watching. Personally, I wouldn't go and see it again, but It was definately worth watching the once. It's an interesting film, and nicely made.

12. Nasor Valued Senior Member

If they were dead, why didn't the cops find their bodies on the road? Remember how they spent like half the movie searching the real Silent Hill for the "missing" cop and the mother/daughter? The deputy in the movie very clearly says that they found the cop's motorcycle but that she was missing.

13. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

thanks

14. Chatha big brown was screwed up Registered Senior Member

I wouldn't recommend the movie

15. gizmo580 Registered Member

Whoa. I totally forgot about that. That's a good question. What purpose did that guy with the wierd hood have in the movie anyway?

And same question as the person above. How did the little girl get into the hospital if the place burned down????

16. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

You mean Pyramid Head?

17. gizmo580 Registered Member

Yeah! Pyramid head. I never really understood his purpose in the movie.

18. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

He originally appears in Silent Hill 2 (videogame) so technically he was never suppose to be in the original movie, but damn it he was so damn cool.