Art of chinese cooking

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by draqon, Apr 22, 2006.

1. draqon Banned Banned

Been to china? A famous restaurant is "Panda Express" over there... Know where they get the meat?...

Presenting the art of chinese rat cooking:

The rules of the restaurant: any meat from anywhere as long as it looks and tasted like chicken and is very cheap.

Alternative to chicken: rats
    Positives: free meat literaly comes to the restaurant by itself
    negatives: none as long as the customers think its chicken

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

i'm hungry

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. draqon Banned Banned

8. Facial Valued Senior Member

Chinese people eat anything. I know this as a personal fact.

I've eaten cow tongue, pig's ears, pig's intestines, pig's blood (cubes), frogs, eels, pig foot, chicken foot, etc...
    And in my school cafeteria I ate buffalo and rabbit meat.
    Liver is good with Kimlan soy sauce.

They're all very delicious when cooked right. It is a cultural phenomenon that Westerners do not eat the various arrays of anatomical meat parts that Easterners do.

Those rats look delicious. I also want to try dog meat sometime too, although I've heard it's bland.

Ultimately, I plan to move away from meat altogether.

9. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

It's well known that the Chinese eat anything that moves, they even eat raw monkey brains straight out of the monkey's skull and they drink raw snake gall bladder juice. I would suppose rats are as popular in China as fried chicken is in America's deep south.

10. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

Some bias being thrown around in here?, I love to taste rats, dogs and insects someday i only seen pictures and they all look tasty, how ever eating cat is just wrong.

Facial, what do you do pigs blood? eat as is or is it needed in something?

11. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Actually, I've also eaten all the things Facial mentioned as well, except pig's blood cubes and cow tongue, but I have eaten black pudding, which is an English sausage made with pig's blood and I've eaten sheep's tongue, cheeks and brains. Spit roasted or boiled, sheep's head is quite delicious. I've also eaten caul fat, which is a membrane that holds the internal organs in place as a type of sausage skin.

12. Facial Valued Senior Member

To respond, yeah pigs blood is cooked "as is" but is also comes sprinkled with onions and has some sauce too, like in dimsum. It looks like a dark-brown version of tofu. Rich in iron.

13. Facial Valued Senior Member

Should probably try this sometime as well. Maybe what I said about Western culture holds no water.

14. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

All the things you mentions can be bougth in the shops around where i am(norther europe) except maybe pigs blood(never hear or asked about that).

I think the only think the only thing we will never see in western shops is meat from animals we consider our pets or pest animal like rats associated with garbage and sewers.

15. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

Personally I think eating carnivores is just....wrong.