Good Vibrations?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by bbcboy, Jan 21, 2002.

1. bbcboy Recovering christian Registered Senior Member

I'm having random thoughts on the human body and resonance.
    Does anyone out there have any information or theories on whether we individually operate on a specific frequency?

Is this why we can often like different music to each other and by listening to our favourite we resonate to it thereby gaining subliminal pleasure.

I don't think it's the same as rhythm

Isn't it buddhists who use the 'Om' chant ?
    This is a better example of what I mean.

I also think it's 7 ohms which can induce fear in humans but that could be wrong.

Thoughts or evidence if you please pretty peeps

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kmguru Staff Member

What frequency would that be? 2 Hz to 200,000 Hz?
    A single frequency or several frequencies combined?
    Is that shake shake, or more of a rattle - I mean sine wave, square wave ?

BTW - if the frequencies are between 10 Hz to 20,000 Hz and any combination there of, then it can be recorded and heard. If they are higher to 40,000 - the dogs will go nuts. Anymore - the bats will try to find mates and you can clean your jewelry while wearing it.

Are we even talking about frequencies?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. bbcboy Recovering christian Registered Senior Member

I was thinking more in terms of external frequencies having an effect on the body/mind.

Also I was mistaken earlier

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

It was actually Hz I was talking about not ohms. The dimensions of the space occupied by the person at 7Hz has a very significant bearing, however of this I know no more

Apols for appearing thick as pig poop had a long day

Got to go now there's a pippistrel making out with my toe.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Admittedly there are frequency ranges that interfer with molecules such as causing photoelectrical effects or pseudo-atomic decay.

I remember pulling a website some time back from a search that listed frequencies for the destruction of particular bacterias and virii.

In all the human being is comprised of many different molecules, it's notible that your whole being if scanned with the right equipment would give off a "Personal identification" that only you and your immediate family would have in connection with each other.

Of course there are many similarities that all plants and animals share at a genetic level and these too can be connected in this way. In fact portions of your body and mine would have similar characteristics when scanned, for instance the composition of your brain will have similarities to my own, and your heart, lungs or other organs would too have similarities.

There are certain frequencies that are "RESERVED", if you ever find it mentioned as "RESERVED BY THE MILITARY" it basically means that they shouldn't be messed with. (That's why so many pirate stations have to get raided, because unqualified abusers of certain equipment could cause potential havoc and harm to civilians.)

It's my guestimation that certain microwave frequencies are causing CANCERS across the globe, and anyone with any type of CANCER should have certain tests (in development) to try and coordinate which frequencies have got to be blocked. (This includes most cancers/tumours)

Hopefully over the coming months there will be some releasable developments in this field.

8. bbcboy Recovering christian Registered Senior Member

The tests 'in development' sound very interesting. (I'm a nurse) any more info' Who's doing it where and for how long.

The main reason for starting this thread, stems from the fact that I have a minor back problem which is eased by stretching exercises. What I found completely by accident is that humming at a certain pitch seems to help me get further with that stretch. Also that the pitch or note varies each time.

I'm not sure whether it's the humming or the diaphragmatic control it engenders which eases the situation, maybe it's a combination of both.

I know that some physiotherapist use ultrasound to ease stiffness in muscles, And stryderunknown is correct about the underlying, unchecked frequencies. It's impossible for the man in the street to be aware of exactly what influences are having an effect on us, without our knowledge.

Don't worry I'm not thinking conspiracies

I just think theres more to it than we know correction 'I' know
    so tell me more

9. kmguru Staff Member

Yes, external frequecies do have effect on human body. From pacemakers to repeating drum beats to mothers heart beat to mechanical table clock all have effects. Higher frequencies and their harmonics can paralyze a person. I have an ultrasonic machine I picked up in a garage sale, that we use for sprain and bruises.

Best frequency is a induced state of alpha waves. Benedictine monk chants and Indian worship chants also calm the nerves. They are all based on frequencies that are harmonic component of the heart beat. Since the brain does not have metal wires to induce current and hence power, any external electromagnetic field will have negative effect on the brain at higher frequencies. Only sound waves and light waves are turned into electrical signals in the body.

I have not done any research into inducing electrical current sans high voltage or invasive procedures to the brain (specific locations - electrodes only induce surface current). I would like to know any novel means of such procedure. That may tell us if we have tools to do interesting stuff.

10. bbcboy Recovering christian Registered Senior Member

To possibly open up another can of worms, on the subject of alpha waves could the frequency thing be one of the reasons why we need to sleep?

I think I'm right in saying that during sleep our brains reach an alpha state (Or is it delta ? - No ... surely not!)

Are we retuning our physical/mental/psychological strings?
    Forget dreaming for a bit I have a hunch it's different.

11. kmguru Staff Member

I think REM sleep is Delta, I can not remember. Human body is bio-electrical in nature. The frequencies are the result of electrical activity in the body. Rest and relaxation creates a state where most higher functions shutdown and body's repair system is activated. It is like the car engine at idle. The activities may result in a specific average frequecy to a test meter. Question comes to mind is what is the benefit of that knowledge? That vibration you talk about will never be like finger print or retinal topology where it is constant. It will change from moment to moment based on your brain activity. Even the electrical pattern of your heart beat will change from day to day though it will maintain a general pattern.

So, the saying that each person has a different vibration is similar to saying each person has a different heart beat. Now that we agreed on having a vibration, what is the benefit? Where do you suppose you want to use that information?

12. bbcboy Recovering christian Registered Senior Member

I'm just interested in the research that's already being/been done and think that there's a whole world of opportunity.

We know that certain sounds are dangerous, and others can be relaxing. If it's ther case that certain medical or emotional conditions can be cured or at least better managed without invasive surgery or toxic chemicals this can only be a good thing.

13. kmguru Staff Member

I have been teaching yoga, meditation and stress management for the last 25 years (in the side). One thing I learned is that, sleep/rest heals. Also a calm mind keeps toxins away. I have tried light, aroma, sound therapy on my students. The best one is calm mind with rest and better nutrition.

14. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Yeah... I guess we have sort of vibrations...
    Not only in our brains though...

I mean... we can feel someone around us... (Can you?)
    If we can feel something that is surrounding us, shouldn't we have a kind of magnetic field that connects us with Nature (in the case, our surroundings). If so, this means that we are allways emmiting and receiving those frequencies from other people and other things and animals, and plants...

Isn't that caused by something like aura?
    Do you know something about that kmguru?
    I guess so...as you are saying you teach yoga and meditation...

Love,
    Nelson

15. bbcboy Recovering christian Registered Senior Member

I have a trapped nerve in my lower back which occasionally makes my whole body twitch.
    Funny thing is people can trigger this twitch without actually touching me. Just stroking my aura can set it off even when I can't see them do it. My partner has hours of fun like this but he's very strange

16. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

bbcboy,

Why does this thread "Good Vibrations" make me remember your other thread "Sexual Health"...?

Good Vibrations... Sexual Health... Make me something Gorgeous... bbcboy... stop thinking of sex...

Love,
    Nelson

17. bbcboy Recovering christian Registered Senior Member

I cant help it, it's my job. Do they dump on the pope cos all he ever talks about is god?
    They say if ya talk about it too much it means you aint getting any, and that's a load of codswallop as well

18. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

So... stop talking...
    Or you might lose it...

19. bbcboy Recovering christian Registered Senior Member

YOU MAKE NO SENSE

But I hope you have a nice birthday next week, (and maybe get laid!!)

20. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Music!!! Music and dancing, it gives me the best vibrations. As long as I can remember and it will always stay part of me, feeling happy or get out of a sadness which makes me feel so lonesome. No better garantee then Music to get out of it again.

There is a favorite in this. Pink Floyd

Always good to light up my days/nights. Doesn't matter which album. Speaking of good vibrations! Just turn up the volume and lose yourself in the Music...

And boys, don't argue in between the fighting...:bugeye:

21. bbcboy Recovering christian Registered Senior Member

Music!!! Music and dancing, it gives me the best vibrations

But why does some music vibrate you in a good way and phil collins grate on your teeth. Is it a specific pitch or vibration for each of us and does that mean we can be 'out of tune'?
    Does the music retune us so we feel better by some physical vibratory action?

T. S. if you say one word about vibrators I'll spit!

And boys, don't argue in between the fighting...

Sorry mom

I'll be good if T.S. invites me to the birthday party

22. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Yes, I think you can say we are a bit out of tune every so often. When you feel down, you can't think of something else but the 'thing' that makes you feel down. When you play your favorite Music, you tune in again. I don't say it is a scientific fact here, before I get everybody all over me again. It's just an observation.

As far as Phil Collins concerns, guess you are right there. The only good song I know, made by him is: In The Air Tonight.
    Then again, I do like Genesis. Some of it, not all. Mostly the Music made while Peter Gabriel was still a member of the Band.

Guess everybody has his/her own 'ugliness' what Music concerns, I know quite a lot of this made in the Netherlands. As soon as I hear it, I get the creeps.

Maybe I tune out on that kind of Music. It is terrible to call it Music, my friend is crazy about it. Don't ask me why, she is...

Guess what, she doesn't like Pink Floyd!!! Can you imagine that...?:bugeye:

(anyway, good vibrations all over the place right now)

May you and TruthSeeker have many good vibrations on TruthSeekers birthday...

23. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

bbcboy,

How do you know my birthday? And what's laid...?

Yes... sort of...

Ok.. I won't say a word about... vibrators...

Vibrators
    vibrators
    vibrators
    vibrators
    vibrators!!!

Sure you can come... as long as you bring your female friends...

Don't bring males or I'll be mad at you!!

PS: Can you get a chance for me in your job?

Banshee,

You are invited to my party too...

And don't bring males!!

Love,
    Nelson