The conquest of mars and beyond

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Bezzle, Sep 29, 1999.

1. Bezzle Registered Senior Member

I know how to make mars a second earth. its simple since there already is sufficient evidence to say mars was once very much like our beloved planet. To recreate this ecosystem we first must increase the atmospheres temperature which would in turn melt the ice caps and fill the oceans which would re start the water cycle. How we do this is simply take one of our mistakes on earth and use it as a good thing. this mistake is called the greenhouse effect. We must create sufficient pollution by exploding a thermonuclear device. And then we could take phytoplankton over and deposit them in the ocean which would cause the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and make it more hospitable. Then we could bring lots of shiploads of plants and insects and animals all this would take a lot of time but in a couple of hundred years it would be basically a second earth

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. DaveW Registered Senior Member

You should read the scifi series Red Mars / Green Mars / Blue Mars by Kim Stanley Robinson. As is obvious by the titles, it follows the terraforming of Mars and the attempts to thicken the atmosphere and increase surface temperature in as little time as possible.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Plato Registered Senior Member

I second that ! Damn good science fiction !

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. marvin Registered Member

Dave W
    You should read Rainbow Mars by Larry Niven.
    It tells how Mars got all dried up in the first place and is much more fun reading.
    Larry Niven is my no.1 author.

There is just a small problem with this terraforming and that is having the basic space infrastructure to get there in the first place.

LOBBY CONGRESS, LOBBY YOUR LOCAL POLITICIAN,
    DEMAND THAT AMERICA'S TAX DOLLAR BE SPENT ON ACHIEVING SPACE COLONIES (ORBITAL,LUNAR, MARTIAN, ASTEROID BELT). PERSUADE THEM IT WILL PAY BACK HUGE DIVIDENDS IN THE LONG RUN.

(WITH DUE APOLOGIES TO LARRY NIVEN)

8. JMitch Registered Senior Member

LOL good one. Here's an idea: fix the planet we live on FIRST.

[This message has been edited by JMitch (edited September 29, 1999).]

9. Dave Registered Senior Member

What sort of an idiot would like to start on a new planet with the introduction to what is slowly killing our own planet??!!
    Greenhouse effects?? nuclear explosions??
    Are there any other 20th century pollutants/problems you might want to add while you're at it?
    I, personally, wouldn't want you on the team, Bezzle - no offence.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Dave.

10. dexter ROOT Registered Senior Member

i agree dave, i also would not like to have him on my team. he is a fag. he thinks that our prupultions systems should be ion and fusion, but that is wrong, they are much to sllow and slow in responve, they are also focused in on direction. he beileives what i call the (star wars therory). but i think that we are seriously headed the wrong way. cause you dont see us getting to pluto in a couple of min.he has a really closed mind. although i do think that some of his idea's are good.
    bezzle is a natural general. but he closes his mind to the possabiolities

------------------
    dexter