The Masterpiece of Customer Service Relations

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by TruthSeeker, Apr 10, 2006.

1. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Business is all about pleasing the customers so that they can give ya money! So we have all that "Customer Service" crap that we see everywhere! HA! This is sooooo hilarious!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

HAHAHAHA!!! "Customer service"!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!

*falls out of chair laughing*

How an everyday conversation would be like if the actual system was explicit in the conversation between businesses and consumers:

BUSINESS: "Hello consumer with money who I want to take money away from. What can we do for you today so that we can get your money and rip you off?"
    CONSUMER: "Huumm... I think I will have that item of your inventory Mr. capitalist sir."
    BUSINESS:"Sure! Thanks for making me rich and making yourself and many others more poor. I hope you somehow have a better day today because of this piece of crap that I sold to you in order to get more rich and piss on the poor."
    CONSUMER: "You're welcome mr. capitalist sir!"

*falls out of chair laughing uncontrollably*
    HAHAHAHAHA!!! It all makes sense now!!!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I'll have what he's having.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

thats true

I especially hate it when you go to a store and some of the employees get angery at you because you are trying to be cheap and only buy using coupons or something.

peace.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Customer service isn't funny, it's necessary. Not every sale is a rip-off, I can't cut my grass with a pair of scissors, and I can't fabricate a lawnmower myself.

It must be really lonely up there on your pedestal, Mr. TruthSeeker.

8. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

I don't live in a pedastal.
    Where I live there's no darkness nor light.
    There just is.

9. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

It is all a rip off if you consider all the consequences.

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

11. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Ahhh... duh!

Greater gap between the rich and the poor, more garbage, more violence, destruction of the environment, more polution...

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

What if your customer is poor? What if your products are handmade with sustainable materials, and sold at a reasonable price? What if your product is a plant, or a tool for conservation?

13. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Then you are not ripped off.

Have you seen such a product before!?!?!!?!?!?

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

How about a mail order nursery that sells spruce trees? They can be planted to reforest clear-cuts. What if they sell you a venus fly trap by mistake and you need to talk to customer service and get a UPS shipping number to send it back?

15. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

This is very silly spidergoat.

16. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

Truthseeker: Where would you get your car, computer, refrigerator, et cetera if not for big business?

I am very happy that the so called robber barons existed. The products I have bought from large companies have generally served me well. I made a good living working for large corporations.

It does not bother me that Bill Gates is worth Giga bucks. Do you have any idea how much software & computers used to cost? A good system for $500 to $2000? A program like WordPerfect for about $100-300? I am grateful to those who made it possible.

Who do you think made our lives so good compared to what an average person had 200-300 years ago? Not labor leaders and politicians (except perhaps for USA founding fathers).

17. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

I don't really care. As long as the environment is not destroyed and millions of people die of starvation for no reason, I'm ok with that. How about that?

18. Mavrix Guest

TruthSeeker, I understand your points. The problem is not the products, the corporations, its society in general. So yeah, some people might be happy with ther toys and ther luxuries, ignoring the millions dieng etc.

All in All, id agre with TruthSeeker. At the end of the day, if your not a conformist, and a slave to society, all things and luxuries we created in our lives, id say are all a rip off.

Yes, you need a lawnmower to cut your grass, but not if you have 1 goat or 1 cow wich is more earth friendly and efficient. But ofcourse, society constricts us and also prohibits people from understanding things that are not only bought, payed for, in this modern society.

Be born a peasent in the mountains of china, and your life and views would have been different.

19. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

Mavrix: What do you mean by being a confomist and a slave in the following context?
    I consider myself to be a happy person who has not been ripped off by society, but I am hardly a conformist.
    • I have been an atheist since my early teens, although I did not really understand my view until I was in college.
    • I was against the concept of communism when the academic community considered it a wonderful idea, and all extolled our noble Russians allies in the war against facism.
    • I think that Ayn Rand was a great person with wonderful concepts, a definite minority view.
    • I was always interested in science and mathematics. My heros were Einstein, Bohr, Fermat, Gauss, Russell, et cetera. Early on, these interests made me socially unacceptable. Developing some serious athletic skills got me accepted in spite of my other interests. I did not consider myself unhappy due to not having many friends among the elite in my first few years in school, and I would never have given up my interests in order to have friends.
    Would you consider me a slave to society because I had a steady job as a programmer for almost 50 years?
    • While it would have been nice to inherit a fortune and pursue hobbies all my life, I liked programming so much that I turned down promotions to management positions on numerous occasions.
    • While still in school, I earned money in various jobs: Waiter, handyman, janitor for example. I did not consider myself a slave, only poorer than some of my college classmates. I do not think I would have been unhappy as a waiter, craftsman, or an assembly line worker. Being a janitor or a ditch digger would have turned me off, but few people have that as their only option.
    • The major companies I worked for always paid me a good wage, allowing me to own cars, TV’s, a computer, buy a house, take vacations, eat out once or twice a week, ski, play bridge, bowl, play tennis & golf, et cetera.
    Does having a 9 to 5 job and a boss make a person a slave to society? Gee, I do not think I would want to try to survive as a member of a tribe in some primitive prehistoric culture, and would certainly not want to live as an average person under the Roman Empire. Not many can live in any culture without spending time & effort to survive. A technological culture makes the time and effort spent very efficient, productive, and rewarding for most people, allowing them leisure time and a lot of good things like indoor plumbing, cars, TV’s, computers, et cetera.