Dimensions 5, 6, and 7

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by Deus, Jan 19, 2002.

1. Deus Seeker of Truth Registered Senior Member

Regularly around here there is talk about space travel, and faster-than-light travel. Suggestions for this often involve a 5th dimension or other theories. I was thinking, and this is basically just my thoughts, not backed by any real science, but what if dimensions 5, 6, and 7 are like dimensions 1, 2, an 3 except that 5, 6, and 7 wrap around the three dimensions we inhabit? In this system, time, the 4th dimension, would be a kind of divider between two sets of spatial dimensions.
    It seems to me that if were were to try to travel faster or farther through the 5th dimension we would need in fact 3 dimensions to travel through, similar to our 3 dimensions, because we have no idea if any technology we could build would even work in another dimension. If we cannot build anything that exists in only 1 of our dimensions, why would we expect other dimensions are not also linked?
    Any thoughts on this?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. c'est moi all is energy and entropy Registered Senior Member

my thought on these dimensions is that it is very mathematical

and any visual representation of a dimension above the third one, remains always a representation in 3 dimensions
    "warped around" etc. it all remains 3-dimensional

it is in maths that they realy 'exist'
    and maths are abstract :bugeye:

therefore, I am of the opinion that more dimensions are possible but it might be that our representation is completely wrong and that it is not all about more dimensions

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I've mentioned about this again and again, Deus your right. 5, 6 and 7 are Nearly the same as 1, 2 and 3.

1,2 and 3 existing with 4 (time) creating a dimensional block, time can be "Folded", and when it is folded it creates another set of 1 ,2 and 3 but they are altered by this fold and become 5, 6 and 7.

(altered in the sense that their direction/orientation has changed in a relativity sense.)

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.