Ancient technology ?

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by Truenemo1889, Jan 19, 2002.

1. Truenemo1889 Registered Senior Member

I guess I don't know much about history !
    I read some articles that dealt with lost civilazations . It was talking about how sophisticated some of the those civilazations couldhave been .Some of them were talking about Vimanas (flying machines) and even nuclear devices.The articles seemed pretty convincing
    to me .

http://www.polycosmos.org/glxywest/vimanas.htm
    (or look up , Vimanas , Rama Empire , etc.)

But there is one problem , how can such technology
    just vanish like that , how is it possible that there are almost no physical traces (that I know of). Even If something cataclysmic happened around
    10000BC . Shouldn't there be more remains , besides radioactive skeletons ,fused rocky walls and craters !?:bugeye:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

"...one problem, how can such technology just vanish like that..."

The invisible and the non-existant look very much alike.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2002
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Rick Valued Senior Member

Re: "...one problem, how can such technology just vanish like that..."

Hey Mr G,
    missed ya,where have been?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

bye!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kmguru Staff Member

Truenemo:

Only two possibilities:

1. Great science fiction. Then enjoy reading them.
    2. The story is real. Then it gets murky. Is this happened on Earth or somewhere else. If somewhere else - you are chasing a dead end. If here, then start digging in India. Over many thousand years, such items could be buried deep. I personally know that strange artifacts that glows in the dark are held along with other jewelry at the main temple in Puri. Unless there is an effort by officials to do research on those items - there will be no news. In the same temple, the God has a crystal (it is said to be the life force) that stays very cold to touch (almost freezing in hot summer). So, who knows...

One of the vedas explain how to build advance weapons. Hitler tried to translate them. No body can understand the old Sanskrit. May be someday, the computers will.

8. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Well there's this great site at about.com-go there and type in paranormal and click on the first link. I headrd about these things called dropa stones that looked like records that told about people that came from outer space and crashed I think in Asia and couldn't get back home. They said they had deep blue eyes and were tall, and mysteriously enough so does the tribe that lives in the area the stones were recovered in.

Here's an answer to how they disapeared: They left! Mars-Europa-Alpha Centauri-Andromeda, who knows?

http://paranormal.about.com/library/weekly/aa011402a.htm

9. kmguru Staff Member

10. kmguru Staff Member

I wonder if the following item is just a story or is in a meuseum somewhere and has been analyzed?

The Grooved Spheres
    Over the last few decades, miners in South Africa have been digging up mysterious metal spheres. Origin unknown, these spheres measure approximately an inch or so in diameter, and some are etched with three parallel grooves running around the equator. Two types of spheres have been found: one is composed of a solid bluish metal with flecks of white; the other is hollowed out and filled with a spongy white substance. The kicker is that the rock in which they where found is Precambrian - and dated to 2.8 billion years old! Who made them and for what purpose in unknown.

And as for the "The Coso Artifact" of spark plug (500,000) years old, you would think, people will search and dig the area very well to find any similar evidence. It could have been a hoax too.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2002
  11. kmguru Staff Member

If this is correct, then humans were inhabiting this planet in between every ELE. Where there is one humans, others wont be far behind. How come, no body did the digging in that area? Time travel?

Impossible Fossils
    Fossils, as we learned in grade school, appear in rocks that were formed many thousands of years ago. Yet there are a number of fossils that just don't make geological or historical sense. A fossil of a human handprint, for example, was found in limestone estimated to be 110 million years old. What appears to be a fossilized human finger found in the Canadian Arctic also dates back 100 to 110 million years ago. And what appears to be the fossil of a human footprint, possibly wearing a sandal, was found near Delta, Utah in a shale deposit estimated to be 300 million to 600 million years old.

12. kmguru Staff Member

paranormal.about.com site:

When you look at the projected billion year old earth map, you can see India basically intact. So if any civilisation rose way way back, it should be burries deep somewhere there. If nothing is found that is over 30,000 years old, then we are chasing ghosts....So far not much is listed on the site that directs to China or India. Myth, hoax or real - who knows?

13. Truenemo1889 Registered Senior Member

Thank you ...

I hope that eventually we are going find out more about our past

14. Lua Registered Senior Member

i think most of these things are being interpreted in the wrong way. a lot of ancient civilizations texts can be interpreted as if they were talking about ancient astronauts (a la von daniken) and note that when they find some fossil or some stone with a fingerprint, they always says "it appear to be...". there' s a large difference between "apeear to be" and "be", but the human brain that receive the message take it for a thin line. after all it's only a few words.

i think most of it is being led by a urge to believe more than by a fact that is true. it would be amazing if it was true, but we've got to be careful. it's not goog to believe in everything we hear or read, it can often make us feel like fools.

15. kmguru Staff Member

Our criminal justice system is also "appear to be..." rather than certainity. People go to jail on circumstancial evidence and witness ramblings. People can not remember what they did yesterday, let alone remember who wore what color dress or exact times. Yet we depend on witnesses to detail everything they saw and heard six months or years later. We even believe people who claim they have seen and spoke to God. A whole religion is built on that. And people go to war over such beliefs.

16. ImaHamster2 Registered Senior Member

Science history has a related distortion. When modern minds interpret the writings of ancient Greeks, they project modern theories and definitions. Makes the old Greeks seem much brighter and more knowledgeable than they were.

17. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

Like Pythagoras.

18. Lua Registered Senior Member

i don't.

i never really gave much thought about it, but i recently posted in a thread that i had to consult the bible and i saw that god himself tell men to go to war. after that, i can see where these people that go to was over these belifs come from. i mean, it's written there.

what else can you expect from a god that says all the people who are not from his religion will be killed? not only killed but tortured? and people have been believing in that for 2000 of years...

19. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

This article provides interesting information regarding the means by which these sphere could be naturally created, with the grooves being added later as a possible type of "folk art." The spheres discussed are from Klerksdorp, South Africa and may be the spheres to which you refer. I could not find reference to Brazilian spheres.

Peace.

20. kmguru Staff Member

21. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Truenemo,

Perhaps...
    Perhaps it's all alien technology...

Good examples...

I have another hypothesis... perhaps a nearby supernova explosion...

Love,
    Nelson