Homemade techno music

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by RubiksMaster, Mar 31, 2006.

1. RubiksMaster Real eyes realize real lies Registered Senior Member

I'm really interested in making my own techno music. Anyone know any good software? Preferrably free, or at least free trial. I'm thinking something along the lines of what ScreamTracker was. But I want something a little easier to use than the weird text based input that ST used.

All the stuff I can find seems to require a lot of extra hardware, or a lot of experience with mixers, and audio recording in general. I just want something simple for beginners, that I can play around with and see what I can create.

Thanks.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. johny_israel Registered Senior Member

fruityloops
    cool edit for recording

fruityloops is a really good program, their sounds arent the greatest though i ussually use cool edit to sample my own sounds
    but anyways id check out fruityloops for sure

you can check out some of my creations at www.soundclick.com/mindgamesentertainment if you like
    it's not techno but you could still make that shit
    for me i wouldnt mind getting into making that music as well, but really for that your gonna have to fork out quite a bit of money eventually
    my buddy just got scratch live it sounds really good
    but anyways check it out
    peace

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. RubiksMaster Real eyes realize real lies Registered Senior Member

Ok, thanks! I'll check those out.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. RubiksMaster Real eyes realize real lies Registered Senior Member

Oh wow, it's a complex piece of software. But it's more or less just what I was looking for. Is their a similar program that is free?

8. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

i used to use "impulse tracker"

its a bit like ST, but more flexible once you got it down.

9. RubiksMaster Real eyes realize real lies Registered Senior Member

yeah, I used to use Impulse Tracker, a while after I found Scream Tracker. I did like it better. But the whole MS-DOS thing, with almost no mouse support got to be a problem. But I just found a different program that is basically a windows version of it, called OpenMPT. It's compatible with all Impulse Tracker, scream tracker, and mod files.