$$$$ Alert !!! The rats are deserting the sinking US economy .

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by Brian Foley, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Brian Foley REFUSE - RESIST Valued Senior Member

The US is in the midst of the final stages of its currency debasement , the fading US$ can be held responsible for Americas troubles.
    What repercussions does a dollar debasement have?
    1st up its the periphery of the US economic interest of S.E Asia which is collapsing along with the US . the shock started with Singapore losing out to Dubai .

This is what you call setting off alarm bells .
    Translation: Be prepared for a meltdown.
    The economic reality here is that the Middle east is set to take over from S.E Asia as an investment area . That is the EURO zone is taking hold of the worlds economies , the US is contracting .
    Another US dominated economy is bailing out , perhaps to late .

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Sci-Phenomena Reality is in the Minds Eye Registered Senior Member

Thats why I say this: Invest in gold and silver, but if you don't have any money to invest I guess you are screwed by the privately owned "Federal" Reserve Bank and its inflationary "standards."

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

I think ADRs are much better. I'm an "early rat" as you can tell from post I made long ago. My portfoilo AVERAGE of ADRs has more than trippled in slightly more than three years, gold has barely doubled.

The water company here in Sao Paulo (SABES or SBS ticker symbol) still pays about 5% dividends and is now about four times what I paid for it as ADR. It would be up even more except the Brazilain Real has shown great strength against the dollar. When this corrects, that alone will give me a 5 or 6 fold capital gain. ADRs are great protection against dollar collapse - they go up as dollar goes down and do not depend on a rush of others to drive up the demand, as gold does, to achieve this, but part of my profits are no doubt due to fact others, in increasing numbers are now doing what I did years ago.

Instead of dividens, or interest ADRs receive, gold and silver force you to either run considerable risk of total loss (if stored in your house) or pay bank deposit box fee (and stll risk robbery when taking any out to sell) or pay some firm to hold it for you. (I suppect several of these firms have several times less gold than the total they are "holding" for people. If you want yours back, don't be the last to ask for it.)

Free advice from your friendly, "early rat"

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

I think Brian is suffering from what is for him wishful thinking.
    The death of america is a giant wetdream for him.

8. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

The unsettling thing is, he's not alone. Notably so in highly strategic regions of this planet. Deserved, wet, or not, this is becoming the dream of millions of people.

-Ramman Kenoun

9. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Well, I imagine it diminishes the cost of the national debt, and at this point, it may be the only way to shrink it.

10. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

No Guttenberg's invention will pay it, and of course that will drop value of dollar more.

11. talk2farley Registered Senior Member

Laugh out loud.

12. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

More of why US has smart "rats" from my Schwab news today - really from (Reuters 05:44 AM ET 04/21/2006):

"Japan's Suzuki Motor, through its majority
    ownership of national brand Maruti Udyog Ltd., dominates the
    burgeoning Indian car market through compact cars like the
    800cc Alto and Maruti 800, which cost upwards of 200,000 Indian
    rupees ($4,500). Tata Motors, India's top bus and truck maker,
    is looking to launch a car in the next few years that will cost
    less than 100,000 rupees ($2,200), targeting a potential market
    between motorcycles and Maruti/Suzuki's low-end cars. Suzuki
    noted that India had plans to adopt stricter EURO IV emissions
    regulations from 2010, while safety standards were also
    tightening for three-wheeled taxis in big cities. "Unless the
    (government) made exceptions for certain cars, it's not
    feasible," said Osamu Suzuki, the automaker's outspoken chief
    executive. "In this day and age, such exceptions are highly
    unlikely." Suzuki said his company had no plans to follow suit,
    but added that

Tata was a formidable rival that could become
    "the General Motors of India" over time.
    "

God I {Billy T} hope not!!!!
    GM will soon be bankrupt and the $20K I put into ADRs of Tata, less than 6 months ago, are now worth about $75K. I was not going to sell them prior till them going above $100K. Think Suzuki's CEOs know something I do not? or are they just trying to slow Tata's growth?

13. Alejandro -2 Minutes To Midnight- Registered Senior Member

his quote above is not true at all. wont comment on the others as it may be perceived as being cruel.

14. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

"not true at all"

You did not paste the Ramman Kenoun quote " All it takes is a single act of aggression to permanently wound a nation's reputation".

I'm not sure if you are summarily refuting that quote, or if you wish to refute my own assertion that antipathy towards the USA is rampant in the mideast as never before. I will discuss either with you, if you like.

15. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

I assume that you are competing for the "understatement of the year award" as well as forgetting all of South America which is electing leftist leaders as their only practical way to show their displeasure with the GWB/US's policies in the world.

16. Sci-Phenomena Reality is in the Minds Eye Registered Senior Member

It sounds like our leaders don't know what the hell they are doing, it sounds like they are purposefully taking America down by having us piss alot of people off.

17. Sci-Phenomena Reality is in the Minds Eye Registered Senior Member

“The tyrant always talks as if he's preserving the best interests of his people when he actually acts to undermine them.”
    Ramman Kenoun quote

President Bush, anybody? Hey, did you know that Bush AND Kerry both admited to being a part of Skull and Bones? So much for Democracy.