A nerd dating site?

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Pzzaboy, Jan 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pzzaboy Sales Slave Registered Senior Member

Recently joining the realm of the single world got me thinking. Are there any singles sites that cater to the computer nerd/geek? And if not, who's with me to start one? It strikes me that elligible attractive female computer nerds are in short supply; there needs to be a network to track them down.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Porfiry Nomad Registered Senior Member

If I were a computer nerd (note that I'm talking hypothetically, yah), I'm pretty sure the last people I'd want to date would be other computer nerds.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

It's not female nerds/geeks you should be looking for, it's female Cyberpunks.. okay. so they can be a bit voicestrous, sometimes extremely colourful, They might be sat infront of a computer, but it doesn't inhibit them any as they are still outgoing at heart.

It's just they can't find guys that can keep them amused....

Okay... so romance is just one thought... afterall... These women only seem to exist when us guys romance about them

Last edited: Jan 12, 2002
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

Pharmacological advancements have probably rendered nerd-oriented dating services obsolete. As it turns out, PB, you can turn a nerdette into a somewhat comely woman. Check it out.

Peace.

8. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Actually I know two of the most babalicious girls on Earth that spend hours in front of the computer at night. Don't be too quick to think that the girls on the other end of the computer screen are ugly or unnattractive.

9. Chagur .Seeker. Registered Senior Member

Pollux V ...

But what are they doing?

Nerdy things?

Or other things?

Take care

10. Porfiry Nomad Registered Senior Member

I'm afraid I can have no respect for a girl that uses the computer as much as I. I mean, I desire a human credential -- someone who can save me from my life rather than someone who will anchor me down to this misery.

Because, as I've said before, I'd rather be hunting a buffalo than programming on the computer. I do the latter only out of boredom.

11. Chagur .Seeker. Registered Senior Member

Hmmm ... Never felt satisfaction after constructing a particularly elegant
    algorithm? Kind of like the final brushstroke needed to make the picture
    what you wanted/imagined?

Curious

12. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Porfiry again has a valid point, sometimes there is a need for difference.

Personally, The time I spend on a computer is purely because the outside real real world, seems to be a cold and despicable place sometimes. I use to spend nights out at clubs and bars in the town I use to live, but I found one day after brushing aside the alcohol induced fuzzy vision, that I was surrounded by people that were undesirable (at least in the legal sense).

(For those of you that would like to image, play a game or watch a film where a hero is stranded in a bar filled with briggands.)

Okay, so I found myself getting to the point of "Merging" with the computer, well on a plain of existance that could seem imaginable... Late nights... Caffine.... Chat rooms.... and modulated frequencies atuning the humming of a hardrive and shaking of a chassis of the computer, into something almost hypnotic.

Does it make me a nerd or geek??? I say nay.... I'm just waiting.. waiting for something to happen.... Something Big... something that will probably take me by storm, and possibly change a number of things in and around my life. That something desn't necessarily have to be someone to coax me out from this pseudo-shell created by rejecting the world, but from a Mission, a TASK.

13. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

I use my computer because I'm bored

I imagine once I get my liscence in the next couple weeks that will change, as I can actually get to places without having my parents drive me. That definatly means more skiing =)

14. Pzzaboy Sales Slave Registered Senior Member

I just think it would be nice to have someone aound who would understand why I do sit in front of the computer for a good portion of th day, coding surfing and playing games. It'd be nice to play a game of Unreal Tournament against someone I'm attracted to. I'm sorry if that doesn't make sense.

But basically my main interest is computers, and if I can't find someone who is also interested in computers then our interests are always going to clash.

And personally there is something alluring about a woman who can command her machine to a point that most cannot.

15. KalvinB Publicity Whore Registered Senior Member

Meeting any type of person requires being where they are. In the long long time ago, pre AOL, hitting any chatroom online there was a pretty good chance of meeting someone who's interested in computers. Now that the typical chat room is filled with teenagers who's only question is "who wants to Cyber?" meeting computer geeks out in the open is a long shot.

Your best bet online is IRC where you need at least an inkling of intelligence to log on or specialized forums. Offline, college is a great way to meet people with similar interests just by taking classes that interest you.

For the bold and daring you could pretend to be shopping at your local computer store while secretly looking for hot young women who appear to be looking for something and unable to find it. They'd appreciate the help I'm sure. Lord knows those damn sales associates at Fry's are worthless.

Just a few suggestions.

Ben

16. in vivo Registered Member

goofyfish-

ACME Nerd Suppressant---
    LMFAO

;p

17. Reign_of_Error Registered Senior Member

Pzzaboy

I semiregularly have UT lans at my house and until fairly recently they were attended by blokes..

By chance, a guy that attends the lans regularly brought a family friend with him that is female and loves to play UT..

She is 17 and she became involved with a close friend of mine that always attends the lans..

I invited some more people about a month down the track and she became involved with a nerdish friend of mine that I invited from the college that I belong to..

I and a bunch of close friends have decided that she has a nerd fetish LOL...

So far, I don't think anyone has 'scored' with her, not including capture the flag of course

so they are out there, and if this case is anything to go bye, they can be attractive also...

18. Pzzaboy Sales Slave Registered Senior Member

Cliched question, but any sisters? j/k

So they DO exist?
    We must ocument this case for further scientific study.

19. malisha Registered Senior Member

Well i went through a whole 3 years of CS @ uni and i did not see any women that i can classify as 'shwing'

as well as geeky, well not even geeky but at least half decent with the computer and with more then just surface knowledge of the computer.

Most of the women @ my uni would just get guys to do their assignments for them, which for me is a total turn off, i hate users, pfffft..........

20. in vivo Registered Member

I must be the only chick on this thread of extraordinary, sexy, nerdy guys. What I'm getting from some of the posts is that genetically speaking, the likelihood of finding an intelligent (nerdy/geeky), attractive female of the species is about the same as finding a gorilla with butterfly wings, reading Shakespeare in the Congo.
    ???

;P

21. Pzzaboy Sales Slave Registered Senior Member

The gorillas as you describe them are much more abundant, I have three! In 21 years I have never met a woman who is really into computers. Of course computers have only been popular for about half that. But it makes my point clear before taking that into consideration.

My theory is that as soon as it's made clear that she's into computers, the nearest nerd drops to a knee and proposes. Thus the apparent lack of them.

22. malisha Registered Senior Member

Maybe in the world ?

, BTW how are you vivo

na just playing.
    To tell you the truth who cares if the girl likes computers or not, not really important, its just important she respects what you do because at times it takes alot of your time, time when you could be doing other things

23. Pzzaboy Sales Slave Registered Senior Member

Not true!

Everyone looks for something different in someone of the opposite sex. And most of the time it's a sharing of similar interests. And since there are many people like me out there who spend the majority of their waking hours at a keyboard, it would be a great boost to a relationship if she was similarly interested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.