Russian poll on Israel-Palestine

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TDC, Mar 7, 2006.

1. TDC Banned Banned

Russians Find US Bigger Threat Than Iran — Poll
    Created: 06.03.2006 16:33 MSK (GMT +3), Updated: 16:35 MSK, 23 hours 49 minutes ago
    MosNews

Most Russians are not going to support any side in an armed conflict between the United States and Iran. 17 percent of the respondents to the poll held by Levada Center company called the United States a definite threat to the world and 40 percent said it was likely so. 9 percent said Iran was the threat, 33 said it was likely so.

Speaking on Russia’s role in a possible conflict, 35 percent said they wanted Russia to become a mediator, 27 expressed the point it was better not to intervene, 18 percent said it was preferable to maneuver between the sides acting in its own interest. Only 6 percent proposed to support Iran, and 3 percent to support the United States.

Most Russians asked by the pollster said they supported both sides in the Middle East conflict (32 percent) or did not support any of them (33 percent). 37 percent declined to answer this question. Nine percent said they supported the Palestine Authority, 6 percent preferred to support Israel. 43 percent said Russian authorities should keep in touch with Hamas that is now at the power in the Palestinian autonomy, 44 percent declined to answer what policy Russia should hold.

http://www.mosnews.com/news/2006/03/06/uspoll.shtml

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. QuarkMoon I Registered Senior Member

What a horrible poll. If that wouldn't be considered "inconclusive", than I don't know what is. Judging from the responses, it seems that the Russians support Iran, but at the sametime do not fully support them, and are against U.S. actions, but do not fully oppose the U.S.

Russians are great....

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

i found myself wondering exactly what the point of the thread is....
    33 percent say this...33 percent say that...
    i move for a lock.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Alejandro -2 Minutes To Midnight- Registered Senior Member

he trying to say Ruskies fhave more concerns over a country that has nukes and an actual army. :bugeye:-

this from a country that was trying to put giant missiles 90mi. from American shores.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

you just cant make this stuff up.

8. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

well, the usa had missiles alot closer to soviet territory than the russians were ever able to manage against america.
    i live in belgium, and there is a site housing american nukes about 200 miles from the eastern german border.
    same thing, really.
    cant fault the soviets for trying the same stuff.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

Plus Russia never nuked a bunch of women and babies.

10. RAW2000 suburban Registered Senior Member

Russia never needed to use nukes quite as much as the Americans did, the Japs would have kept on fighting till their last man had they not.

11. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

Are you seriously telling me that the USA "needed" to use nukes in WWII? That those civilians, those women and children, mothers and babies needed to die in order to prevent soldiers who were PAID to fight and die from having to do just that?

Since when is it acceptable to trade civilian lives for the lives of soldiers?

12. QuarkMoon I Registered Senior Member

Nope, but they sure have slaughtered many women and children with good old conventional guns and grenades (machetes too!).

Please, don't try and compare the killings of the U.S. with the killings of the Soviet Union/Russia, it's foolish.