God told Tony Blair to invade Iraq

Discussion in 'Politics' started by KennyJC, Mar 3, 2006.

1. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

Mr Blair answered "yes" when asked on ITV1 chat show Parkinson if he had sought holy intervention on the issue.

I am fucking furious about this. It's bad enough that he based his invasion on half truths, but to bring God is just irresponsible. Why make this public? There is already enough problems with religion in the world today without two of the most powerful leaders in the world saying God told them to invade a country.

You expect this sort of thing from Bush, but the last thing we need is two of the most powerful nations in the world invading countries based on religion. Looks like the Muslims are right to call this a 'Holy war', and after today I won't have any sympathy on anyone that dies in this war. They are all as bad as each other.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

They are both well-known as Christians, what's the big deal? That's what Christians do, they pray for devine advice. It's not like the other side makes any secret of the fact that they think God is on their side.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

God tells me he doesn't take sides, but in the case of the Blair-Bush Axis of Evil he is considering making an exception.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. qwerty mob Deicidal Registered Senior Member

Oh, yes, yes-

"The Argument from the Lesser of Two Evils"