Free Guantanamo Heroes!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Solve et Coagula, Feb 26, 2006.

1. Solve et Coagula Banned Banned

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

right...so "Solve et Coaqula" go and free them! Ill cheer for u.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Coagula, do you vote? Are you in the US?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. AmishRakeFight Remember, remember. Registered Senior Member

So if Guantanamo is closed, where else will the prisoners go?

Answer: more prison camps in more countries.

All that will happen if Guantanamo is closed is it will be a mental placebo for the world; the prisoners will all be taken to different camps around the world. But the big bad Guantanamo prison camp is gone...that's all that matters right?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

The prisoners will be taken to other prison camps that are even harder to keep track of and even furthur out of the public's eye. Honestly, it would be a smart move on the USA's part to close down Guantanamo if they want to continue their current prisoner treatment policies.

AmishRakeFight

Last edited: Feb 27, 2006
  8. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

Secret prisons that do not adhere to basic human rights of human beings should not be allowed to exist. Such a practice underscores America's self-appointed right to be the leader of human rights and freedom. It shows the American government's hypocrisies.

Also flushing Qurans or any other Holy books and sexually abusing prisoners should be forcefully outlawed in the world, and this does not exclude America.

As long as the Abu Ghareeb prison and and Gunatamo remain open, no one will take the American claim that they stand for freedom, seriously. These two incidents aren't isolated, they are widespread and often Americans outsource prisoners to other countries with orders to abuse the prisoners as roughly as possible.

9. AmishRakeFight Remember, remember. Registered Senior Member

Secret prisons don't exist according to America. But since we know that they, in fact, do exist, then what does that say about our leader's integrity? Of course the American government is hypocritical, but then again, just about everybody in the world is, and I'm no exception to that. As long as humans are humans, hypocricy will be a problem. Mark my words.

Flushing Qur'ans and other Holy Books should most definitely NOT be outlawed, forcefully or peacefully. Tell me, DiamondHearts, who are the Holy Books holy to? Is the Christian Bible holy to an atheist? Of course not.

Your statement is a blatent slap in the face to freedom of speech. Flushing Holy Books is allowed because freedom of speech is allowed. So, in advocating banning flushing Holy Books, you're efficiently advocating banning free speech.

I think you meant "undermines" or something to that effect.

When you provide the documents from American government officials to their subordinates telling them "Please handle this prisoner as roughly as possible" then I will unabatedly agree with you.

As for the sexually abusing prisoners part, that's an aspect of just about every prison in the entire world (although not by the guards). Have you ever heard the saying "Don't drop the soap when you get to prison"? I don't advocate the guards sexually abusing prisoners, but the prisoners have been sexually abusing prisoners for decades upon decades. The only thing that makes it different is the fact that the guards are put in a position of authority, so they should not be allowed to represent America and sexually abuse these prisoners.

AmishRakeFight

10. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

From the very article by the first poster:

U.S. Recruits a Rough Ally to Be a Jailer

11. Light Registered Senior Member

12. snake river rufus Registered Senior Member

Since everyone already knows about gitmo, can it still be called a "secret" prison?
    well no!