Breaking News: Iran has basic atomic agreement with Russia

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Solve et Coagula, Feb 26, 2006.

1. Solve et Coagula Banned Banned

Iran has basic atomic agreement with Russia

BUSHEHR, Iran (Reuters) - Iran has reached a "basic" agreement with Russia on a joint venture to enrich uranium and will contine talks on this issue in coming days, Iran's nuclear chief Gholamreza Aghazadeh said on Sunday.

"Regarding this joint venture, we have reached a basic agreement. Talks to complete this package will continue in coming days in Russia," he told reporters in the southern Iranian port of Bushehr.

http://today.reuters.com/News/newsA...LI642558_RTRUKOC_0_US-NUCLEAR-IRAN-RUSSIA.xml

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. leopold Valued Senior Member

how is that breaking news?
    it's been known that russia was supplying nuclear material to iran for ages

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

New is fact that enrichment required for nuclear power may not be done in Iraq. Yes Russia will continue to help build nuclear power plants etc - that is old.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

this is good news& and more proof that US is really concerned about Iran's plan to sell oil for Euros, not dollars. Same true reasson US is now in Iraq. I.e. Saddam had started selling oil for Euros, just befroe Iraq was attacked. If any currency can buy oil, then the dollar is just green paper backed only by the greatest debt in history.

For more physical proof that defending the dollar is the real for any attack on Iran, see my post at 34 minutes past hour in thread " US prepares military blitz against Iran's nuclear sites." (It discussed the differences, seen by IAEC inspectors in the plumbing of Iran's enrichment centrifuges. I.e. weapons grade requires approximately 1000 connected in series, but only about 100 in series for power plant grade.)

Many inspections were unanounced so in the few hours available before inspectors are looking at the centrifuge chains, it is impossible to re-plunb from a "weapons grade chain" to a "power plant chain." (every joint must be "He leak" tested prior to placing UF6 in the centrifuges, etc. That alone would require several days. (I have worked with heli-leak detectors - trust me on this.)