Stop War on Iran online petition - sign up from allover the world

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Solve et Coagula, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Solve et Coagula Banned Banned

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Troy Banned Banned

Always Bro!
    Thank U

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

I signed, but took out the stuff about US war on the people of Iran, killing many innocents in the past with nuclear weapons, etc. but I noted that the terrorist have not yet come even close to US records in the "innocent body count" achieved in WWII.

I also added the fact that it takes considerable time to re-plumb the centrifuges into a long chain that can enrich U235 to the levels required for weapons grade U235. As the UN's inspections have been unannounced, it is clear that Iran has not been enriching for weapons grade U235 yields. I think, but do not know, that they have mainly been learning how to process UF6 and have not actually done much enrichment even at the power plant grade enrichment level yet, unless they have a well hidden facility and are using the known inspected facilities as a confusion smoke screen to imply they do not yet have much centrifuge enrichment skills.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. mercaptan Das Feuer liebt mich Registered Senior Member

Idk. If it comes to war then it comes to war. I don't want Iran having nuclear weapons....I don't want anybody having WMD.

8. Gustav Banned Banned

i say let them go nuclear
    then lets fight
    just for kicks

9. Anomalous Banned Banned

Thats the point, if they have Nukes then Americans wont think of supressing them and there will be PEACE.

10. John_angry Banned Banned

11. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Yes, the peace of death, as Israel goes up in a nuclear fireball and the US responds in kind. The peace one enjoys the day after armageddon.

12. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Heh, that guy has one post and got banned for that? Is he a sock-puppet or something?

- N

13. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

I signed also, but with my own words only in the letter portion because I doubt that it's constructive to bombard representatives with form letters. While user-friendly tools for writing representatives is welcome in reviving our increasingly corporation-stifled democracy, it would also be helpful to provide guidance on being as effective as possible in being heard by the powerful.

The Electronic Freedom Foundation offers help in understanding the prioritizing legislator offices give to various communications.

I encourage all possible public participation in government, and especially that which is presented for maximum effect. It is possible that the US government could devolve into completely shutting out public opinion. When we fail to express ourselves often and effectively, we facilitate that decline.

14. TheVisitor The Journey is the Reward Registered Senior Member

Yes, and it looks like Russia's on Iran's side....they have too much invested there to let the U.S. take it over.
    They warned the U.S. to stay out of Iran.
    This could start the big one, especially with the U.S. backing Israel and all the Arabs about to attack Her.
    If the U.S. jumps in , with Russia's money tied up in the oil running through those two pipelines....
    It could be a bad hair day for sure.

15. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

Iran should be allowed to have a domestic nuclear energy program since it is a signatory to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. Even if Iran would develop nuclear weapons, it would takeat least ten years time and its still very unlikely. Even if they did by some miracle, Israel already has nuclear weapons regardless of the fact that it never signed the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty and would have much more nuclear weapons. Infact, if Israel wants to, it could bring the entire Middle East into a nuclear holocaust of Arabs. No Muslim country has nuclear weapons but Pakistan which is busy trying to keep a stalemate with its rival India. A nuclear war is very unlikely. Iran having nuclear weapons would lessen the chances of a US invasion. This is evident when we look at North Korea with its nuclear weapons and Iraq which had no nuclear weapons.

16. Anomalous Banned Banned

The Bullying by US and Israel will definately end in a Armageddon.

Nukes will stop that Bullying.

If IRAN wanted to Flaten SomeOne it can do it anytime by getting Nukes from somewhere else.

17. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

i think he was a sockpuppet of dil_420.

18. Yazdajerd Behold... The Bringer of Light Registered Senior Member

count me in Solve.....

Why is it ok for Israel, India, Pakistan, and recently Brazil but not Iran? Not to mention the security council of the UN and Korea, Japan, Germany, South Africa........

Damn...... Its seems everybody has a nuk, can I get one too

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

19. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Brazil will not develop nuclear weapons (assuming the US does not get too vindictive in that Brazil's trading with China is rapidly growing, the economy is more rapidly growing than US's, is now net exporter of oil, has displaced US as world leader in soy bean production, runs a balance of payments credit with US and has a currency which has appreciated about 30 % against the dollar in less than a year, is planning to take the nuclear fuel reprocessing market from US, developed the alcohol biofuel, only one realistic, about 30 years ago, etc.)

Brazil is in fact a leading force trying to keep all of South America, nuclear free. A-bombs will not help this region grow. They are only need if the US trys to dictate to you and call it democracy. Ask N. Korera about this.

20. AmishRakeFight Remember, remember. Registered Senior Member

That's interesting that South America is one of three continents that don't have nukes (and I'm pretty sure the penguins won't be calling to arms anytime soon in Antarctica). What's also interesting is that the other continent is Australia, who has an amicable relationship with the USA. So South America and Australia, the two nukeless continents, are buddies with America...who happen to have many, many nukes. I don't think these two continents have much of a chance of being nukeless for another two decades or so.

That's true, and if a lot of countries really wanted to get nukes, they could.

AmishRakeFight