Vote Due on South Dakota Bill Banning Nearly All Abortions

Discussion in 'Politics' started by madanthonywayne, Feb 22, 2006.

1. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

I'd say this is a bit premature since there are only four likely votes against Roe right now. Especially in light of:
    Still, things are getting interesting.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

That really sucks, but then again, who in South Dakota is having sex?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.

7. stevens is relatively liberal. i dont think he will retire until he thinks that an arch-conservative wont be appointed to replace him.

8. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Here comes another one.

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The cons want abortion as an issue this year, since they are fucking up everything that really matters.

10. QuarkMoon I Registered Senior Member

Wait, I'm confused. Does the bill include exceptions for rape and incest along with if the mother's health is in jeopardy? If so, this is great news.

11. leopold Valued Senior Member

i made the following post the 24th of feb in the ethics forum

well here you go people:

PIERRE, S.D. - The Legislature on Friday approved a ban on nearly all abortions in South Dakota, setting up a direct legal assault on Roe v. Wade.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11546410/?GT1=7756

12. it doesnt. it only makes exceptions for the health of the mother if she is in danger of dying.

its just the first in a series of Red state legal challenges to Roe v Wade now that the conservatives got their way on the supreme court. i guess it will be interesting to see what happens. if they undo roe v wade i'd love to see them try to enforce those bans on abortion, people will riot in the street. who knows though, i could be wrong.

13. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Riot in the streets? I doubt it. Most of the states that would ban abortion if given the chance have maybe one clinic in the whole state. Abortion's not too popular in Alabama or South Dakota anyway. Blue states with enough pro-abortion people to incite a riot would never ban abortion in the first place, even if the supreme court said they could.

14. yeah but im willing to bet the pro-choice crowd will take the fight to them, those liberals love to protest stuff.

15. QuarkMoon I Registered Senior Member

Well, in that case I hope it's shot down immediately. Don't let it ruin too many lives.

16. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

It's not certain whether it will include such exceptions or not:

17. QuarkMoon I Registered Senior Member

And I agree with Barbour's sentiment, but it's scary that he says he would probably still sign a bill that excluded those exceptions.

18. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Now it's signed.

19. leopold Valued Senior Member

the only reason this bill passed is because it doesn't involve men.
    in the case of incest or rape the men responsible should be required to take drugs that would prevent them from ever getting another boner and their balls cut off so that they can never father another child.
    but that will never happen will it.

as if women don't have enough bullshit to endure from men they have to put up with this travesty too.
    how ironic is it that the governor used the word civilized to describe the results of rape and incest, the man needs a brain transplant

20. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

Ladies and gentlemen welcome to your past. Yeeehaw, the new creation museum'll be finished soon too. Looks like I got outta dodge before things got nasty.

21. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I don't think this is technically true. Unborn children (bloody hell, just call them fetus) are parasitic creatures of the night. They have constructed a nutrient sucking device called the placenta and happily deprive the mother from oxygen and nutrients and there is absolutely nothing she can do about it except having a natural or unnatural abortion. The fetus feeds itself, is living in a protected environment. An environment it created partly by himself.

The just born child is the most vulnerable and helpess person in our society. They can't feed by themselves, they can't keep themselves warm, they can't do anything.

But what do these people know about reality?

22. QuarkMoon I Registered Senior Member

And that's what pro-lifers have resorted to in order to justify abortions? Calling a Human fetus a parasite? What an incredibly sad state of affairs, I thought the religionists were the people I had to worry about...

23. it is signed and doesnt include those exceptions at all.