Whats wrong with American Democracy ?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Singularity, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Singularity Banned Banned

Seriously, there are big flaws.

1) Voting should be compulsory and fined on failing; add a option of we reject all existing candidates i.e. if this is the most voted for then there should be a relection.

2) Is it true that there are always only two opposing candidates for Presidency, how stupid if its so.

3) Too much power at top, Bring down the Pyramid

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Click here

And free yourself from the illuminati.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2006
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Light Registered Senior Member

You've just displayed your great ignorance of the subject. Go do some basic studying.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Singularity Banned Banned

Your arrogance has closed your heart , inwards and outwards.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Light Registered Senior Member

Pardon me - there was no indication that you wanted to discuss "hearts" or feelings. It looked to me as though you were concerned with the way elections work in America. For starters, there can be ANY number of candidates on the ballot. Certainly, there are the usual main two but there have been many others (independent) on the ballot as well.

I gather you are much too young to even know about one who was in the last election - Ralph Nader. There are other names you aren't aware of either, like Ross Perot, George Wallace, etc., etc.

8. Singularity Banned Banned

So what will U do when Hitler becomes a president.

9. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

THERE ARE 3 THINGS WRONG...

political parties should be tax exempt.. so that the poor can put forth candidates...

direct democracy should be included.

all state, and nation wide propositions should be allowed, as put forth by citizens only, to inact law.. without the legislature our congress or supreme court.
    as is done in CA, USA.

-MT

10. DwayneD.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

America has many internal problems, but the main problems with goverment are the justice system and its high level of coruption, it is thought by many abroad, including exceutives and the common public, as well by executives within the justice department to be a failed system. Another main problem with the goverment is a gross amount of ignorance within the politicains, it appears that americas brightest or most intelligent do not reside with in the goverment, at least at the decision making point of proccess, so what the rest of the world sees of america is the mediocre/medium group of intelligence.
    America is also a highly racist country much simular to that of the once south african goverment , a fact of american society well hidden from international news.
    Although america has a reasonable technological ablity, it is nearly third world, as a result of capitaism influence on the phsycology of americans.
    The poor are still grossly exsploited, called organized slavery dressed up pretty.

There are other problems as well.

DwayneD.L.Rabon

11. Light Registered Senior Member

I'm not concerned about him. In case you have noticed, he's dead - by his own hand, long ago.

What does he have to do with the American election process??????

12. Light Registered Senior Member

Rabon,

Please explain (or "exsplain" as you would spell it) "capitaism influence on the phsycology of americans."

Also, I'm STILL waiting for you to justify your statement about the core of the Earth being very cold. Thought I'd forgotten, didn't you?

13. qwerty mob Deicidal Registered Senior Member

I somewhat agree, but compulsory participation isn't exactly democratic... besides, there's nothing preventing one from voting a blank ticket in the booth, thus wasting time and energy and materials.

We need to reform our election laws ("black box" voting in particular) and media (mega-monopolies) first, for our constitutional republic to survive; the USA is rapidly moving towards a fascist oligarchy with clearly documented imperialistic objectives.

The power in the US system of government is granted by the constitution, but is only checked legally by international agreements and treaties.

The power of the people is supreme, but it is the most dilute and easily manipulated.

Greetings

14. DwayneD.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

Well capitalism, undoubtly inspires americans,in such manners as freedom of exspression and independance, a assumed lesson in survial of the fittest, preformance equal reward. However beyond these implications, capitalism developes crime, suffage and ignorance of intelligent development of society. Where in common people become seriously corupt reducing the well being of the society.
    A host of problem develope, making it a so called rat race.

DwayneD.L.Rabon

15. Light Registered Senior Member

That makes no sense at all. Please explain, with examples, where capitalism has resulted in development of crime and causes "suffage and ignorance of intelligent development of society."

16. DwayneD.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

Well as a point, America has a reasonablly high level of technology on the books, and a reasonable bit of tech avialable to the public, it has proven of very little benifit to society as a result of capitalist hording,
    Examples, product safty, and product failure rate meaning that companies ect... design products to fail after a given time frame to force consumers to make a new purchase after X amount of time, exstending the market for that product and their companies money making ablity. End result leading to issues of public safty and a host of other issues.(such as the depreiaction of the value of a dollar to the consumer).

Many of the common domestic issues are a result of the unchecked exspansion of capitalism vrs natural existance. the imbalance is socially damaging.

DwayneD.L.Rabon

17. Renrue Someone Registered Senior Member

This may be largely off-topic, but is Singularity Anomalous?

I looked at how they both type, and it is very alike. They both use capitalization and punctuation (not all the time, but most). That is not a very strong connection, but they also both type "you" as "U." That is very unique. I have never seen anyone type "U" capitalized, and no one who uses capitalization and punctuation uses the letter "U" to replace "you."

Maybe they are one, and I just didn't see anyone post that he is using a new name? Can someone clarify this?

[Renrue]

18. Light Registered Senior Member

Perhaps it's just me, but is there anything in there that even comes close to what I asked, which was: "That makes no sense at all. Please explain, with examples, where capitalism has resulted in development of crime and causes "suffage and ignorance of intelligent development of society." "?????

19. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Light, I can't see that. Maybe the iluminati idea might not be correct, but I couldn't find any problem with the other two points. Could you please elaborate on your comment? I'm curious...

20. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

There are many reasons why capitalism creates crime. One of the main reasons is its differentiation between the poor and the rich. When the poor cannot find a way to feed their children, what do they do? They turn to crime. That's one of the main reasons why scandinavian countries have very low crime rates. Secondly, capitalism is often fueled by greed and selfish motives. Those things increase competition thus increasing economic growth, which is why the american culture is largely based on greed and selfish motives. However, those motives also have a negative psychological influence in people, particular children and teenagers. A great part of the reason why teenagers have killed people in the past decade- something which has become much more common. Those capitalist "values" also increase the amount of ignorance and creates lazyness on part of many people. One of the evidences of this is the "get rich" mentality seen in the ever popular "get rich scheemes". Furthermore, crime is often relative to psychological upbringing, which is not great in the US due to the materialistic mentality. The classical ones is "my neighbour has a better car then me. I must buy a new one" or "my neighbour's house is bigger then mine. I must expand my house."

Finally, the educational system that was created to sustain the capitalists (that is, those who are rich and own corporations) actually degrades overall creativity, thus decreasing people's ability to create corporations and actually compete in the marketplace. Instead, people have to depend on the lucky enterpreneurs who actually get a chance to be truly educated. Not only that, but this kind of education does not teach any values, and unfortunately, parents often leave the teaching of values to the educational institutions, which don't give a shit about values. We are educated so that we can work to make someone millionaire, or even billionaire. There are few people that manage to escape that. The educational sytem don't teach people hot to think. The plutocrats don't give a shit about whether people can think or not. In fact, they prefer them not to think for themselves and just believe that they are thinking for themselves so that they, the plutocrats, can stay in power. This materialistic employee-oriented educational system actually diminishes people's intelligence and makes them slaves of those who actually know how to play the game.

For more info...
    http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=52246

21. Light Registered Senior Member

Certainly. The Illuminati was one, which you already see through and the other - about there being only two candidates, I believe I covered in a little detail.

I also think the original poster has no idea of just how many are originally involved before it comes down to the general election. Far too many people in distant (and somewhat backwards lands - she won't name her country, remember?) think we operate our elections much like Saddam or the old U.S.S.R did. Meaning candidates for the government are picked BY the government.

22. Light Registered Senior Member

You raise some interesting thoughts, a few correct and a few severely distorted.

For example, capitalism does not discriminate between rich and poor. Everyone in a true capitalistic society has the opportunity to create a corporation (I own two private ones myself and I came from a VERY poor background). Although I did the majority of the financing I also talked others into investing in my ideas. And that's pure capitalism.

I went through the same public education system as everyone else and it didn't seem to diminish my intelligence. The fact that I was able to achieve something was a result of direct hard work and crawling back up again from a few failures. Perhaps it could be said that the greatest factor was simply that I didn't give up.

You are right about the one-upmanship game. But I don't think as many fall for that trap as you might think. I see tons of people everywhere that are driving cars 8 and 9 years old and living in houses that are comfortable homes yet are worth well below what the average new ones cost.

And as a final passing thought, do you realize who owns the greatest share of corporations in this country? Moms and pops, little old ladies and the common working stiff who has bought them as part of his effort to provide a retirement fund for himself/herself.

23. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Compulsory voting is a BAD idea. If someone cares so little about the government that he must be threatened with a fine to make him vote, I don't want him to vote. Most likely he'll just hit random buttons or vote for whoever is on the top of the list. All you accomplish is to dilute the votes of those who actually care about government.

There is no limit to the number of posible candidates, but one must get a majority in the electoral college to be president. This set up does favor a two party system, so what.