U.S. Constitution - 16th Amendment Unlawful?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by qwerty mob, Feb 19, 2006.

1. qwerty mob Deicidal Registered Senior Member

Is the Sixteenth Amendment to the US Constitution illegal or unlawful?

I'd like to see "proof" that it was properly ratified according to the applicable state constitutions and federal laws of 1913.

Some citizens, such as Bill Benson, have claimed they can prove it wasn't properly ratified, and that the entire basis for paying Income Taxes (self assessment) is an illusion, kept in check by fear, intimidation, and ignorance.

Introduction to Benson's work "The Law that Never Was" (here).

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. qwerty mob Deicidal Registered Senior Member

Of note, there was a House Bill (HRes 16?) proposed last year by Steve King (R) of Iowa and endorsed by a dozen other representatives of both parties to repeal the 16th Amendment... however it will fail IF the 16th Amendment wasn't properly ratified in the first place!

It was in the Constitutional Committee last I checked, which is odd, since Steve King sits as the chair of that committee...

Weird...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

this is old news.
    i read about and researched this for a school paper in high school. as a consequence, i have never paid income tax, either. i still file, but i check myself as "exempt". never audited, never questioned, not turned down for a passport, NOTHING.

this dude is correct in his book.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.