15 year old follower of Bin Laden...

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by GRO$$, Jan 8, 2002.

1. GRO$$ Registered Senior Member

I just read about this:
    http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/01/07/plane.crash.suicide/

i was thinking about it... I'm 16 myself, i know a ton of kids who are freshman...

I relised I know a lot of kids that are EXACTLY like him, they are all over the place.

Not sure if its this article, but one out there just likes to label him as an "outlider" the "looser" in school everyone picks on... im sorry but, i know kids like that... i know what it feels for kids like that... and they dont crash planes into buildings... they arent mad at the world and sympathetic to people labeled as "bad"...

they tend to do the opposite: be more patriotic, try to blend in more with the rest of society. by crashing a plane into a building they DO get names like "weirdo", "dumbass", and "looser".

And this guy was a straight A's honors student... he had a great future... why give it all up and go follow Bin Laden?

What bothered me the most is that they arent releasing all of the note that he wrote... it was his last decleration to the world... it was something he wanted everyone to see and understand. The idea he wrote on there he was ready to die for to get the attention of people. And all they tell us is "a note saying he sympathized with Osama bin Laden."

Bah humbug!

Any opinions?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2002
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

With A Grain of Salt

As with many cases in the American media, you must be cautious believing what you read. This morning, National Public Radio carried interviews with Charles Bishop's teachers and classmates, who did NOT feel he was a loner, etc. The media feeding frenzy to be the first with the details (and to hell with their accuracy) continues.

We'll find out what really happened over time.

Peace.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Gravity Deus Ex Machina Registered Senior Member

I wouldn't read too much into it. He was 15! Thinking it would impress some girl, teach some bullies a lesson, show those mean parents a thing or two, make him immortal in memory or for real . . . ??? Who knows what the motivation was, and anybody who claims to know will be full of it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Porfiry Nomad Registered Senior Member

Humans are irrational. People do idiotic things because they lack the judgement and foresight to understand the idea of consequence. But, trying to reduce a person's actions to discrete causes or motivations is as futile as trying to analyze a dream.

I say huzah to the child. At least he died with excitement coursing through his veins and a unique experience.

8. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

...and excrement coursing through his underwear.

Peace.

9. Xev Registered Senior Member

*Yawn*

Who cares? Good thing that he didn't kill anyone, f**k him.

He tried to kill people.

10. Tyler Registered Senior Member

He killed someone, therefore a bad person, eh Xev?
    So then, a nation in power, which chooses to kill thousands and supporter murders, is a bad nation right?

Trujillo
    Diem
    Papadopoulos
    Videla
    Smith
    Stroessner
    Sese Seko
    Selassie
    Rabuka

The list goes on and on of American-endorsed or supported (or even dictators put in power by the U.S.) murderers and Nazi-esque (or actually former Nazi!) leaders.

11. Xev Registered Senior Member

That's a different subject. Have you anything of substance to add to this subject?

12. Porfiry Nomad Registered Senior Member

That's precisely the idea.

Or perhaps you would prefer to die so calmly and peacefully in you sleep that you don't even notice the difference between life and death.

13. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Simple question, all needed was a simple answer!

14. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

Suicide Pilot Driven Mad By... Zit Cream?

As it turns out, the drug does come with a warning
    label about suicide - especially in pock-faced teenagers.

Peace.

15. The Metatron Registered Senior Member

That would do me just fine.

16. Chagur .Seeker. Registered Senior Member

Hey, Porfiry ...

"At least he died with excitement coursing through
    his veins and a unique experience.

We can do it together!

You provide the Lambo or F-40 for the uniqueness, I'll do the driving
    for the excitement. That is, unless you'd prefer to take a ride with me
    on my RD-600 (not that unique, but still fun).

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Take care

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

17. daktaklakpak God is irrelevant! Registered Senior Member

Horay!!! One less dumb ass to share this beautiful world.

18. Robeson Registered Senior Member

ahhh, the weak get weaker and the strong...well you've heard it before. This kid was an idiot. Being not motivated by individualism but by wanting attention. Brilliant.

19. Xev Registered Senior Member

Tyler: Fine, fine, fine. America is a bad nation. Every nation is. It is their nature.

Now, back to the little brat:

I don't care how he died, but he had no right to endanger others. One less moron on a planet of 6 billion humans.

20. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Wow, I had forgotten all about that comment I made.
    That's actually kind of interesting.

21. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

this is really going to shock people (and probably put Asio on my tail) but there have been times when as well as being suicidal i wished i could create a virse that would kill EVERYONE on earth. This was because all i could see was the ways we hurt eachother and the world. i pittyed god because he had to watch us do it.

now i never did this BUT I can perfectly understand why kids get involved in things like this or in school shootings (in the US)

In this case it probably has nothing to do with anything the US has done and alot to do with reality for the inderviduall

Depression will do VERY bad things to a person

I read that the thing linking those kids in the school shootings is that they were all bullied

Anyone gess why they might want to hurt someone after that?

because the system let them down

Sorry but i can empathise with people like these

22. Robeson Registered Senior Member

the system let them down? Huh? Since when does "the system" have the responsibility of parents? Also, if someone that is bullied can't overcome it and instead resorts to this lazy, cowardly act of violence I have no sympathy for them at all.

23. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

YES the system let them down

and YES i know what im talking about

There wasn't alot my parents could do

B\W BULLING is a "cowardly act of violence"