Conversating Thread

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Tnerb, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Tnerb Banned Banned

Had hard time deciding title to thread. Either the above, chat room thread, question/conversation thread, etc, you get the point. I'm mostly starting it because I see that sciforums is without a chat room--- of course, it is also without much freedom while everyone bounces around threads posting their bla-did-idilie talk back and foruth, so here it is. Ask your questions, talk to members, bla. I liked the idea of it and hope you guys will too. I have had in mind a question so i'm going to just sum up one.

Yeah, I don't know if you guys know me well or not. Some people know me better than others do, others think they know me.

Anyway this thread is mostly for you guys. Not for me.

Here is a question I would like to ask you fellow members anyway:

Is anyone here a fan of any particular philosopher, moreso than others? Who. Why?

Another related one:

How do you think about life? This is in terms of how you use thought in relation to life. I was just going to start up the conversation, so... I guess I hope you to have fun. That's what it's for.

I mostly come to this site for a fresh experience to my day. I've met a lot of really cool people here and some friends even.

BEGIN!!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. leopold Valued Senior Member

i'm bored out of my frikken mind

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. crazyfreespirit "Custom User Title" Registered Senior Member

I had a snow day today...meaning I didn't have to go to school...it was nice, I just sat and read for most of the time. *happily drifts off towards book*

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tnerb Banned Banned

snow day............ luck man(/woman). i live in florida.............

you are lucky to be board (my thoughts on that?-------------)...............

8. Tnerb Banned Banned

9. Tnerb Banned Banned

Oh yeah, existabrent is offically crazier than cotton top and also siren

10. duendy Registered Senior Member

great idea)))))))Existabrent

tried to reply to your quote, but my system went haywire...???

ok, you ask:
    'a fan of any philosopher? who? why?

i ham currently reading 'Critique of Patriarchal Reason', by Arthur Evans
    i have wanted this book for ages, but you cant get it in this country.....well i managed on rare book place and they said it'd be £40....!
    so got a friend to get it me used copy from U.S, £11...odd. MUC beteer!
    it is a beautifull book. with artwork by Frank Pietronigro., so WELL WORTH IT

why?? I LOVE tis dude. he is a real character. he inspired tis merry bumnch called te Radical Faeries who encourages wild abandon in the wood and hills, which i like.....and has been a major spokerperson and writer for the ...marginalized-from-patriarchal-culture

heres some from book's back:
    'A philosopher and artist join hands in this book to reclaim philosophy as an art....Their book shows how patriarcha biases have infected formal logic, higher mathematics, and the scientific method. It demonstrates the harmful impact of these biases on omen, gay people, artists, indigenous societies, and te natrual environment. In place of these biases, the book offers a new, liberatin view of the role of reason in human life...'

why? cause i have come to this in my own way. so i am learning his way of understanding thi. it is really intersting but hard going in places.

you als ask: 'howdo you think about life?'

i think that tis world and universe is mindb.owin's moter. it is so amazing....so i am really really desperately sad when i see so much dullness. how the world has been made like a fukin prison byan opressive mindset(S)

11. Tnerb Banned Banned

cool duendy

I have my own views to express in relation to yours, though they are probably, as you say, deepend by an opressive mindset (S). Getting to life for me is a problem (as you well know duendy). That sounds like an interesting book, and shows your depth in thought imo.

thanks

also my main thread is started, and I am hoping to have this present thread also open for gaining personal insight into the issue. it is mental health and the existentialists: 2. As you guys should be able to tell, unfortunately: I have it bad off. Though this is mostly in response to duendy........

12. crazyfreespirit "Custom User Title" Registered Senior Member

it would be woman

Ya, living in Canada has its definate ups, the weather (sometimes) being among those.

Florida...I was just about to say that would be awsome, but then I remembered hurricanes.

13. leopold Valued Senior Member

The Boss was in quandary. He had to fire somebody. He had it narrowed down to one of two people, Debra or Jack. It was an impossible decision, they were both super workers. Rather than flip a coin, he decided he would fire the first one who used the water cooler the next morning.

Debra came in the next morning with a horrible hang-over after partying all night. She went to the cooler to take an aspirin. The Boss approached her and said: " Debra, I've never done this before, but I have to lay you or Jack off." "Could you jack off?" she says. "I feel like shit."

14. Tnerb Banned Banned

seriously. there is a threat of that in every case

15. Tnerb Banned Banned

was wondering how u guys live life. don't know how to myself. cool. thanks

16. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

I don't really live, by most people's standard. I sleep, wake up, and do one of three things for the most part: 1. Watch tv 2. Get on the internet or play a computer game 3. Read. I can stay in my house for weeks at a go. Moreso lately than normal. Of course, I eat too.

17. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

18. leopold Valued Senior Member

hey man, hows it going down there in brazil?

19. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

I might as well reply

my favourite philosopher is baruch the spinoza, i think... i don't like to name favourites because i like a lot of stuff. I think i like it so much because i read a lot of his work at very young age and it influenced me a lot. i think he was briliant.

my absolutely favourite author is carl sagan. i dont know if he is considered to be a philosopher, though he has some amazing insights. i think my brain kind of works like his because the things he wrote make a lot of sense to me. i read all of his books over and over.

20. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

wonderful, as usual

i think between canada and florida i'd stick with são paulo

... summer all year long and no hurricanes

21. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

My favourite philosopher is my best friend. That's because we always end up discussing something interesting over a beer. Or not and that is ok too. Unfortunately there is an ocean between us right now and I am stuck with americans (no offense leopold).

22. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Brazil was nice, but I didn't like Rio that much. I couldn't really relax there. And after a daylight robbery at gunpoint I wisely moved on. I skipped Sao paulo.

23. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

wow really? i've never been robbed in my life
    haha that's what you get for looking like a gringo

as much as i might love são paulo i must say you didn't miss much... it's a huge city, big cities all look the same