ID card???? well!?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by duendy, Feb 16, 2006.

1. duendy Registered Senior Member

what do you think of them. is it just here in UK, or is it same everywhere? we all having to have fukin ID cards....

reminds me of Nazism, Communism

what do you think?....are you yea or nay and why?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dil_420 Banned Banned

Nazi lol yes...
    this is just the begining!
    free this free that BULL SHIT!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

In Cyprus and in EU they've had them for years and it's not a problem, there's nothing sinister about them, because the information they contain about you is very basic..name, sex, place of birth and nationality and your photo, that's about it.

The proposed British version has far too much information and is also electronic, which is of course very big brother. UK has become very oppressive in the last 10 years, the cameras you have everywhere just freak me out. You should move to nice warm and more relaxed country.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.

7. we have them here in the US theyre called drivers licenses. there arent a lot of us without one. we also have social security numbers. we are all being tracked and codified in some way.

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

No sir...I don't like it.

It's fine as it is, but with biometric information, a centralized database, and the possibility of radio tags that can track you, that's too scary.

9. leopold Valued Senior Member

did you bitch like this when you got your drivers license?

10. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

The idea behind ID cards is usually that you have to carry them always around. That's not the case for your social or drivers license (in fact it says on my social that I am not allowed to carry it around)..

11. duendy Registered Senior Member

yu call tha bitchin....? hmmmmpgh

what does it take dude to dis-conform ??hmmmmm?

12. leopold Valued Senior Member

here in indiana you can be fined for driving without your license in your possession
    plus i hardly go anywhere without driving

about this though, even if you must have the id in your possession, a policeman cannot just stop you when you walk next door to your neighbors house and ask you for id just for the hell of it. in short there is such a thing as probable cause

13. leopold Valued Senior Member

duendy i am positive you didn't go around saying what kind of nazi bastards are at the license branch when you got your drivers license

14. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

We also have to take into account that there is a historic reason in Europe to dislike ID cards. In occupied territory everybody had to carry an ID card issued by the Nazis. For a long time after the war even discussing the idea of a national ID was unacceptable.

And there are still good reasons for not having one. I'm sure it makes things easier for the government. And that is also the reason not to have one. As with all tools the ID card can be used for good purposes but also for not so good ones. Not having one eliminates the possibility of 'bad' use.

15. leopold Valued Senior Member

this is reason enough.
    if it originated in nazi germany . . .

16. duendy Registered Senior Member

it is for driving a car

not everyone has to have one

17. leopold Valued Senior Member

what ? in america you can be fined for driving without a license

oh, i see what you mean, if you don't drive you don't need a license.

hmm, 6 years old and need a license, i don't think i would like that.

18. longlostlady Registered Senior Member

ugh ugh ugh totally hideous, orwellian type stuff. plus we have like 1 camera for every 14 people in the UK and that's just weiiiiiiiiird...

i took part in a debate in the H of L with school about ID cards and the point was raised: just because a load of EU countries have them doesn't mean we should have them too. most of the those countries capitualted to the nazis, should we have followed them in that??

ok i'm gonna stop now before i hit something and go blow up parliament...

19. duendy Registered Senior Member

I feel you. big bro is here alright
    there is a website which offers help to rebel against having to have an ID, but i see tat tey are thousands of people down on what they need to consoloidate tis help. fukin despressing. the fact noone seems t care

we are--to me--all like lemmings who are being led into a metal wall and then dumped in a radiocative sewage pit

20. BLASTOFF Registered Senior Member

I.D cards/ nay a waste of money they were talking about an eye scan, blood and finger prints to be placed on your cards, as if they dont keep an eye on you now this must be an infringement of our rights, anyway i carry two many cards in my wallet now so no more room so fuckem.

21. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

I am totally, utterly, irrevocably, implacably, permanently, deeply, unshakingly opposed to them.

22. leopold Valued Senior Member

aw come on ophiolite, you want the government stuck up your butt

23. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Along with the other crap?