Subwoofers

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Blue_UK, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Blue_UK Drifting Mind Valued Senior Member

I've just bought a Mission M2SAS sub and the beast already kicks out a right storm with my current MP3 collection - especially techno and metal.

Anyone got any good suggestions for good bassy tracks??

I'm mainly interested in metal, dance (techno, trances etc.) and classical.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

If you want something to really make your ears bleed, get Bass Test by the Chemical Brothers. It's not a great track but the bass is something else. Also if you have Kazza put in Bass Test and you get a number of Bass test samples that can be really good.

The song I always test the bass on my system to is Lene Marlin from the single Play My Game. It's a mellow song but it has some crisp clear bass line that cuts in. Another great song is "The orginal Gangster" which is a jungle tune, very heavy bass.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. vslayer Registered Senior Member

metallica ~ attitude
    rob zombie ~ dragula
    prodigy ~ minefields

to name a few

8. Blue_UK Drifting Mind Valued Senior Member

fuck me vslayer, good call - coincedentally the first songs I tried were dragula, hammerfall - templas of steal and metalica - sandman. Pretty close.

Thanks, Alex, I'll give the chem bros a try - I think I've got most of their stuff. Unfortunately I think many common MP3 encoders cut out a lot of the bass. The ones I encoded rock tho... Lab 4 must have pissed off the neighbours.