If you could change one Goverment Policy, what would it be and why?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by alexb123, Feb 15, 2006.

1. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

I WOULD MAKE POLITICAL PARTIES... TAX EXEMPT...

so that the poor could afford to support candidates.

-MT

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

ummm...policy....allow immigrants to be presidents...Go Arnie!!!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

TO HELL with arnold... hes a girly republican lap dog.

-MT

8. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Remove the general pro-Christian leanings of the government.
    Things would be a lot more simple with agnostics.

9. draqon Banned Banned

:bugeye: dont be messin with Arnold...he is way better then Blair or Bush, a true humanitarian, thinks of the society first.

10. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

What's the name of the committee that makes the rules for the presidential debates? I forget. Regardless, I'd like to see the democrat/republicans' stranglehold on elections eliminated. I'd like to see a strong third or fourth or fifth party.

Also, I'd like real campaign finance reform. I'd like to see a constitutional amendmant that lets us place severe restrictions on how much money a candidate for president can raise, can use, etc. Make it possible for the above-mentioned third, fourth or fifth parties to be competitive.

11. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

why do you people think a third/fourth party is going to fix anything? we will end up with parties playing other parties against each other, alliances building between the parties, and the whole thing will go in the crapper. if we are lucky, it will meld back into a 2 party system, if not we will end up with a one.

imagine if you had three equal strength parties, do you honestly think that one party wont pay billions to one of the other parties and become one super party?

12. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

as for my change, I would make presidential candidates have only debates aired on television and radio, no ads. its a lot harder to bad mouth someone when they can defend themselves.

13. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

You're probably right cato. I haven't thought much about this, to be honest. Just a knee-jerk reaction to hating the way money has such a huge amount of influence in American politics. I hate the fact that I can't listen to any politician without wondering if he/she is lying outright. Most of them don't actually ever say a god-damned honest thing in their whole political careers. Always hiding shit behind a veneer of respectability. Always afraid to "go on the record." Always pussies. Always avoiding answering any question honestly, openly and directly. Better to crash and burn for what you believe in, imo, than to live a whole life of deceit and dishonesty.

As to the reasons for that, I'm sure there are many. Please illuminate us.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2006
  14. leopold Valued Senior Member

in my opinion it is because the government knows its enemies are listening
    in order for the government to lie to its enemies it must lie to the people

you couldn't pay me enough to be a polititian
    i would shoot half of them and lock the rest up

15. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

That's one possible reason, sure. Imo, they all seem to think that everyone is an enemy, so they can't say a damned thing to anyone. However, some men and women in our human history have accepted the fact that it is better to stand up for what you believe in and screw the consequenses. Great men and women. In today's world it seems noone is willing to stand up and take the heat.

16. i would change the licensure agreements that the FCC has with media entities. i would change it so that it required that for a set period of time during a national election campaign, all media outlets operating on the publicly owned resources of radio and television frequencies must provide, free of charge, equal time blocks for all political parties to advertise their message. this would include ads by PACs, 521's (or whatever), and direct ads by candidates themselves. in addition to that, it would then be illegal to sell any blocks of time for advertising to any political candidate.

17. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

absolute scrapping of the media system in america in general. make it illegal to own more than ONE mass media station/channel/outlet.

the biggest problem with america is that americans are misinformed about their own politics...this problem stems from mass media conglomerates lobbying for relaxed anti-trust laws, and in return not criticizing the government AT ALL.

just my opinion though.

18. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

Here here! What's all this business with poking fun at Dick Cheney for instance - yeah he had a hunting accident and it was reckless, stupid, ironic and he was probably tried to cover it up at first 'till what's her name went to a local paper, but who gives a fuck? It's still a hunting accident! If the media went after this administration this hard for it's real deceptions and cover ups, now that would be something! The whole lot of 'em would be impeached or hung publicly.

19. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

id be more for public "pants-ing" of all of our top officials. THEN we would see how big their genitals REALLY are!

20. duendy Registered Senior Member

its evil friggin relentless, blatant propaganda scam 'war on [some]drugs'

why? their covert use of the extortionately priced black market drug money fueling their evil wars, and its use as MIND CONTROL over the people

somepeple go on about a 'matrix'. i dont always agree with teir definition of what this matrix might mean. but i woul define it the mental control those grim suits hold over many many people via determining what they can ingest, etc

21. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

nothing about the american government is covert anymore. they are openly flaunting their abuse of the public by telling us that "its for our own good".

sickening.

22. duendy Registered Senior Member

the real sickner is, in my opinion, is--say you SEE rtis blatant shit, and natrually become depressedto thepoint of despar sometimes, and were going to go to doc. you'd then be classed 'mentally ill'!

like i say, if there IS a 'matrix' it is surely THAT MUTHAfuker